Elias…DFA Kimbrel now!!

Wavetrapper

4 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I didn't want him in the first place but do they even have an replacement on hand?

Bring up Brandon Young and use him in the pen. Young should have already been called up by now. 

Or if Young replaces Povich in the rotation (which I wanted before Povich's last start against the White Sox to at least see what Young can bring to the table as a starter), bring Vespi back up. 

Elias has been awful managing the roster this season, even with all the injuries. He acquires too many bad players off the waiver wire, then keeps guys for too long that belong on the waiver wire. Obviously Kimbrel was a FA signing, but he could have been placed on waivers at the beginning of August to see if a desperate team would claim him. Now it's time to just take out the trash.

Edited by Brooks The Great
  • Upvote 2

This team needs the obvious jolt and the timing for the injured cavalry coming back is hopefully soon but time is short and we need wins.   I have to think Kimbrel at this point is viewed as "washed" by his teammates and just adds to this negative karma that exists even when they see him in the dugout and not even pitching.   Time for addition by subtraction now for both him and Smith.  We are at the point of definition of insanity territory by hanging onto both.  

If all goes well, Grayrod, Columbe, and Webb should replace Kimbrell, Irvin, and B.Smith.

If Westburg, Urias, Kjerstad, and Mountcastle comeback, we can cut Jiminez, Maton, Soto, and Rivera (or send down Mayo if he keeps struggling)

September has me crossing my fingers. Some have said the O's are better off as a WC in order to try and get hot; I disagree, win the Division and get a rest