FIX THE DANG HITTING!

DocJJ

1 hour ago, Oriole4Life said:

You know who the Orioles could have used today?  Connor Norby at 3B instead of Urias.

Norby is RH. What we needed were LH bats against Ragan's reverse splits. 

Norby's .732 is lower than Urias's .745. I don't see any reason to think his bat would have been the difference, and Urias was excellent in the field today.

4 hours ago, emmett16 said:

The fact McCann started a playoff game is just a monumental fail.  It’s almost laughable.  

I agree, but the sad fact is that we don't have a viable RH option for DH to platoon with O'Hearn.  (Yes, I know that Ragans has reverse splits, but given how much O'Hearn struggles with lefties, I would not have started him).  We had a crying need for a RH bat at the trade deadline, and all Elias got were Slater and Eloy.  When Emmanuel Rivera is your big RH bat off the bench you have a problem.  

11 minutes ago, Three Run Homer said:

I agree, but the sad fact is that we don't have a viable RH option for DH to platoon with O'Hearn.  (Yes, I know that Ragans has reverse splits, but given how much O'Hearn struggles with lefties, I would not have started him).  We had a crying need for a RH bat at the trade deadline, and all Elias got were Slater and Eloy.  When Emmanuel Rivera is your big RH bat off the bench you have a problem.  

It's the reason Elias took a gamble on Eloy Jimenez this has to be addressed this offseason. Hopefully Mayo makes his presence known next year, but Elias has to get a veteran RHB that can be a DH option.