Cowser voted AL Outstanding Rookie

Bird Lady

13 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Correct Cowser has to win AL ROY for the Orioles to get the bonus draft pick. Odds are looking good with Cowser getting this award, but I don't think it's a sure bet like Gunnar winning last season.

We can only hope he does win ROY . That bonus draft pick would be nice reward for O’s 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• I really respect the work Elias has done.  I do want to see him figure out how to change the teams approach at the plate now that it seems the league has caught on.  I would also like them to figure out why some of their top prospects look entirely overmatched.
    • We can only hope he does win ROY . That bonus draft pick would be nice reward for O’s 
    • Perhaps your thoughts on them not signing 2 starters may turn out eventual outcome . You made your case why . However I’m of the view that they should aim to sign 2 FA starters  .  But Elias has shown he’s conservative and risk averse up to this point . Question is will he get more aggressive or bold now that he has a new owner  ?
    • Nobody put words in your mouth.  I asked you questions.  That you can't answer them should suggest to you how thought out our positions are. 1) The goal is the World Series.  What makes you think it isn't? 2)  That's the most generic statement possible that is impossible to analyze, 3) So Elfin, Burnes, Bradish, Cano, etc.  don't count because you don't want them to count.  But other than that, he's got a bad track record of trading..... .like what trade?  Are we all supposed to go insane and only evaluate one trade- the Rodgers trade- in the most hyperbolic terms necessary to justify our hyperbole? 4) So we judge him for hypothetical trades that we didn't make and can't even be analyzed?  LOL. Flaherty was a worthless trade?  This is the same Flaherty that started Game 1 of the World Series this year, right? Oh, so you just want to cry about Rodgers ad nauseum?  Cry ahead. So you want to fire the most successful GM we've had since Pat Gillick but you haven't even thought about who'd you replace him with?  And wouldn't even bothered until he was fired?  You understand how stupid that is, right?
    • I think he’s all in. That’s why I have hope that he will resign Burnes and add some veteran offensive a talent to help the team play better in October 
    • This is as plausible a theory as any other that has been trotted out since the end of the regular season and it's one I fully subscribe to. Personally however, I think restraint is advisable when it comes to comparing his historical business leadership to his newfound role as 75 year-old billionaire owner of a a sports franchise.  Especially given his demonstrated propensity for dancing on the home team dugout during the seventh inning stretch.
  • Popular Contributors