D. Wells sounds off on Aroid and Clemens.

Gurgi

http://blogs.nypost.com/sports/backpage/archives/2009/05/wells.html

A sampling of Boomer's other views:

More on Clemens - "For the stuff he's going through, do I feel? Yeah but how much of it is fictional and how much of it is for real? We don't know. He's denying and there's cases out there that are pretty strong against him. Until it all comes out, I don't want to be one quick to judge but he's in a mess, he really is . . . You hope that because of what he did for the game of baseball, it was pretty overwhelming. But was it clean or was it dirty?"

Other abusers - "Guys are coming out now. (Manny) Ramirez has gotten out. A-Rod (Alex Rodriguez) admitted to it. The home runs that he hit off me in Texas, should those count? Maybe they should have a league where they say if everyone's doing it, let them do it. But if they elect to do it, they're not entitled to go to the Hall of Fame, if they have Hall of Fame numbers."

Punishment - "Just ban them right out of the get go. I think that would be great. No 50-game suspension. Just ban them right out of the league. That would stop it in a heartbeat, especially with the money they're giving out today. It would be incredible if they did that. Then you wouldn't have to worry about steroids or HGH -- say change the rule and ban them for life."

http://blogs.nypost.com/sports/backpage/archives/2009/05/wells.html

A sampling of Boomer's other views:

More on Clemens - "For the stuff he's going through, do I feel? Yeah but how much of it is fictional and how much of it is for real? We don't know. He's denying and there's cases out there that are pretty strong against him. Until it all comes out, I don't want to be one quick to judge but he's in a mess, he really is . . . You hope that because of what he did for the game of baseball, it was pretty overwhelming. But was it clean or was it dirty?"

Other abusers - "Guys are coming out now. (Manny) Ramirez has gotten out. A-Rod (Alex Rodriguez) admitted to it. The home runs that he hit off me in Texas, should those count? Maybe they should have a league where they say if everyone's doing it, let them do it. But if they elect to do it, they're not entitled to go to the Hall of Fame, if they have Hall of Fame numbers."

Punishment - "Just ban them right out of the get go. I think that would be great. No 50-game suspension. Just ban them right out of the league. That would stop it in a heartbeat, especially with the money they're giving out today. It would be incredible if they did that. Then you wouldn't have to worry about steroids or HGH -- say change the rule and ban them for life."

Talk about going against the status quo. Bravo!

I don't have that much respect for the character of David Wells, who once claimed to have been "half drunk" when he pitched his perfect game -- and then backed off and said he was only hung over. I also have no confidence that Wells was any more "clean" than any other player from his era who's not been publicly linked to PEDs use.

I don't think that a lifetime ban is justified. The science simply isn't that perfect and it's a bit of a crap shoot as to which users get exposed and which ones don't. Did Palmeiro really get sandbagged by a tainted vitamin B12 injection given him by Miguel Tejada? The possibility is at least credible to me, given that Tejada was bringing in his B12 from the Dominican Republic and that stanazol was once marketed on the internet in combination with B12 in injectable vials and is still marketed with B12 in tablet form.

Archived