This goes out to the gurus.

Who should we be targeting for Day 2? Obviously Stassi has dropped further than anybody can imagine. While you'd expect the Nats to snag him to start tomorrow, I doubt they want to get snagged up in another difficult negotiation process when they already have their hands full with Strasburg.

I know Trea has been pushing Luke Bailey since 2:5.

Can we get some names to watch for please?

Here's some of the guys I'm looking at:

Austin Maddox, HS C

Andrew Susac, HS C

Josh Elander, HS C

Jeff Malm, HS 1B

Ryan Jackson, SS Miami

Devin Marrero, HS SS

Brian Goodwin, HS OF

Ian Krol, HS LHP

Sam Dyson, RHP South Carolina

Kendal Volz, RHP Baylor

Max Stassi, HS C

There are still over 20 BA top 100 guys left including several relievers, SPs and premium OFers.

I like Zach Von Rosenburg out of Louisiana. Seems to have quality stuff, but is held back a bit by some velocity which apparently is coming on of late. Big kid who I think could be a premium talent with a few more mph to the FB.

We'll see how much the scouts are working the phones. Maybe the fourth round will be the new six round and we'll see who wants to sign.

Remaining from BA;s Top 100:

30. Max Stassi, c, Yuba City (Calif.) HS

38. Sam Dyson, rhp, South Carolina

41. Zack Von Rosenbuerg, rhp, Zachary (La.) HS

43. Brody Colvin, rhp, More HS, Lafayette, La.

45. Madison Younginer, rhp, Mauldin (S.C.) HS

47. Keyvius Sampson, rhp, Forest HS, Ocala, Fla.

55. Chris Dwyer, lhp, Clemson

59. Jeff Malm, 1b, Bishop Gorman HS, Las Vegas

60. A.J. Morris, rhp, Kansas State

62. Jason Stoffel, rhp, Arizona

63. Kent Matthes, of, Alabama

64. Angelo Songco, of, Loyola Marymount

65. Brian Goodwin, of, Rocky Mount (N.C.) HS

68. Dane Williams, rhp, Archbishop McCarthy HS, SW Ranches, Fla.

74. Jacob Stewart, of, Rocky Moutain HS, Fort Collins, Colo.

80. Ryan Jackson, ss, Miami

81. Austin Maddox, c, Eagle’s View Academy, Jacksonville, Fla.

82. Brooks Raley, lhp/of, Texas A&M

83. Andrew Doyle, rhp, Oklahoma

90. Ryan Buch, rhp, Monmouth

92. Kendal Volz, rhp, Baylor

94. Matt den Dekker, of, Florida

96. Luke Bailey, c, Troup HS, LaGrange, Ga.

I liked what I saw of Chris Dwyer LHP out of Clemson. He's a 21 year old freshman, but I liked his athleticism and velocity. He seemed to repeat his mechanics well and he threw 92-94. He may be a guy we can grab in the 4th round and he'll be in the bullpen in two years.

Of the Top 100 left, there is only one middle infielder (Jackson) and one power hitting corner infielder (Malm). We already took a shortstop, be it a HS SS so Jackson would go to Aberdeen if we grabbed him while Givens would be in the GCL. Another poster said that Malm is determined to go to USC and play college ball, even though we saved some money at the top and could maybe throw first round money at him.

Other than that, our system is already stocked with pitching prospects and we are pretty solid as far as outfielders, but it looks like if we snag anybody from BAs rankings, we are bolstering those positions again.

He's a power hitting masher who has enough defensive ability to stick in RF.

The other guy I'd snatch in a heartbeat is Angelo Songco. He would be a terrific addition!

The catchers Stassi and Maddox would be good choices too.

He's a power hitting masher who has enough defensive ability to stick in RF.

The other guy I'd snatch in a heartbeat is Angelo Songco. He would be a terrific addition!

The catchers Stassi and Maddox would be good choices too.

Stassi is my pick if he's there with the 4:5. I love the college bats, but part of me really likes what its hearing about some of the HS arms. I know they are riskier, but that's something about the thought of seeing Hobgood, Bundy, Beal, and a few other 18/19 year old pitchers bursting onto the scene in the next few years, continuing McPhails "grow arms" philosophy.

This goes out to the gurus.

Who should we be targeting for Day 2? Obviously Stassi has dropped further than anybody can imagine. While you'd expect the Nats to snag him to start tomorrow, I doubt they want to get snagged up in another difficult negotiation process when they already have their hands full with Strasburg.

I know Trea has been pushing Luke Bailey since 2:5.

Can we get some names to watch for please?

Stassi hasn't really dropped further than expected, there were better HS catchers out there, there is another one I think has much more upside than Stassi because he has a potential dynamite bat in Austin Maddox. Stassi was just overhyped because he was linked to the Red Sox at the end of the 1st as a need pick, so people thought he was a little better than he was. Remember this is a very deep year for catching.

Bailey should still slide a round or two at least, he's facing serious TJ surgery, will miss part of next year, so he's a 5-6 year project, and who knows how he'll throw after, he may not stick at C because of it if he doesn't rehab well. BIG risk. Hence why I called him out on his Bailey man-crush.

You will get a ton of different names to watch for today, but some of mine are:

Kent Matthes, OF, Alabama

Keith Towne 1B, Angelo St.

Shannon Wilkerson, OF, Augusta St.

Chase Blackwood, C, Valdosta St.

Nate Arevalo, 2B, Cameron

Bryan Marquez, 2B, New Mexico St.

Mark Serrano, RP, Oral Roberts

Luis Coleman, SP, LSU

I could do this all day, so I'll stop here...

To those who know more than me:

Wasn't there some chatter, earlier in the year, this guy might be a solid #2 pick if we missed out on Green?

LONG time ago. Underperformed would be an understatement. I wouldn't spend anything higher than a 8th or so on him personally.

A bit of a homer pick, but I would love to see the O's draft Louis Coleman. He was a relief pitcher up until this year, his senior year. He crushed this year as a starter. I have no clue where he projects to go.

114 innings 2.76 era 124 k 19 BB 13-2 record

From watching him, he absolutely kills against right handed pitchers. He could work a little more on improving vs Lefties. He might end up going back to the pen eventually though. His throwing motion, his body goes off to the right. It definitely causes troubles for righties. He could work on keeping the ball down a little bit more from the games that I saw.

Archived