Buchholz a thief

JTrea81

For those of you who wonder why we didn't go after Buchholz, this is why we must have passed on him. From his Wiki article:

Some clubs passed on him in the draft because he was arrested in April 2004 and charged with stealing 29 laptop computers from a middle school, and selling them, but the Red Sox said it was a one-time incident and that they weren't worried about his makeup.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clay_Buchholz

So those of you who didn't want to break up a no-hitter with a bunt single- What's more unclassy - that, or stealing a bunch of laptops from a middle school...

Great bunch of guys the Sox have...

A wife beater and a thief.

You'll never hear Red Sox Nation mention that one.

For those of you who wonder why we didn't go after Buchholz, this is why we must have passed on him. From his Wiki article:

Some clubs passed on him in the draft because he was arrested in April 2004 and charged with stealing 29 laptop computers from a middle school, and selling them, but the Red Sox said it was a one-time incident and that they weren't worried about his makeup.

So those of you who didn't want to break up a no-hitter with a bunt single- What's more unclassy - that, or stealing a bunch of laptops from a middle school...

Actually, I've heard their announcers talk about it, and Buchholz himself is pretty open about discussing it. If you're referring to the Sox fans as "not hearing them mention it," why the heck would they? Do the Tigers fans go around mentioning Sheffield's PED issues? Come on, guy, I know you like to trash the Sox and their fans at every opportunity but fans aren't responsible for their team's players' actions.

You know what? Maybe the O's should go after the occasional talented guy with possible character issues. Then again, maybe you wouldn't want a guy like Delmon Young on your team.

I'll take a bunch of jerks who win baseball games over choirboys who can't play. Maybe I'm crazy.

Also, that incident is common knowledge. I don't see any kind of global conspiracy to keep it a secret, do you? Has he stolen even one laptop since then? Think it might have been a stupid, immature act that he regrets?

I root for Ray Lewis because he's on my fantasy team...

Otherwise I root for Alex Smith, Frank Gore and Patrick Willis... :)

Fair enough, but you know what I mean. I was more referring to the whole "Fleeing the scene of a double murder and lying to the cops about it" thing.

We're all the same, and we've all made mistakes. The guy stole some laptops when he was a kid, no biggie.

Archived