Next Year

Floater

Won't the ACC be more average than this year? Besides Duke and potentially UNC, who is there to worry about?

VT has Delaney but no big men

FSU is going to lose Alabi

Clemson loses Booker

GT loses Lawal and Favors

BC Miami and UVA will still be down

Wake is losing a good amount

NC St has a decent recruiting class coming in but their coach isn't good at all.

Obviously Maryland is too but I would say 3rd place is completely up for grabs and there is no reason to not expect MD to compete for that. Hell maybe even 2nd if UNC continues to play like they have but with the addition of Barnes, I see them coming back strong.

If I had to pick a year to lose Vasquez, Hayes, and LM, it would be this year.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Won't the ACC be more average than this year? Besides Duke and potentially UNC' date=' who is there to worry about?

VT has Delaney but no big men

FSU is going to lose Alabi

Clemson loses Booker

GT loses Lawal and Favors

BC Miami and UVA will still be down

Wake is losing a good amount

NC St has a decent recruiting class coming in but their coach isn't good at all.

Obviously Maryland is too but I would say 3rd place is completely up for grabs and there is no reason to not expect MD to compete for that. Hell maybe even 2nd if UNC continues to play like they have but with the addition of Barnes, I see them coming back strong.

If I had to pick a year to lose Vasquez, Hayes, and LM, it would be this year.[/quote']

VT won't have any fewer big men than they did this season. I completely agree that third place will be pretty much up for grabs, but you make it seem as though VT will be taking a step back.

Yea, a lot of teams will suffer...Despite his injury to end the year, it appears Ed Davis still should leave...he is projected in the top 10. If he were to come back, UNC will be very good.

If Singler comes back, as expected, Duke will probably be preseason #1 and the title favorite.

Alabi may leave early and he is a first rounder but he should come back and refine his game more...if he does, then FSU is probably the clear cut #3 team.

Miami had, I believe, 7 or 8 freshman and sophomores in their rotation this year...So they should be better.

Yeah Duke will be stacked once again' date=' even with Schyer and Zoubek leaving. Smith Curry Singler and Plumblee squared will be very good.[/quote']

Plus, they have a very good recruiting class, led by Kyrie Irving, a projected top 5 pick in the 2011 draft....kind of next year's John Wall.

And, they still have another scholarship and are trying to add another player.

Plus, they have a very good recruiting class, led by Kyrie Irving, a projected top 5 pick in the 2011 draft....kind of next year's John Wall.

And, they still have another scholarship and are trying to add another player.

Awesome, I just cannot wait for that. :D

Me neither!!!

But somehow, I think you are being sarcastic. :D

I read tonight that Austin Rivers might be re thinking his Florida commitment and is looking at Duke or Carolina for 2011. It might be time for "Ol Roy" to get Michael Jordan to give him a call. Come on Rasheed, sell Doc on sending his boy to Carolina.

I read tonight that Austin Rivers might be re thinking his Florida commitment and is looking at Duke or Carolina. It might be time for "Ol Roy" to get Michael Jordan to give him a call. Come on Rasheed, sell Doc on sending his boy to Carolina.

Yea, i saw that too...I know Duke is also in on Ross, who was going to go to MD. They seem to want to add another guard.

To me, Duke will be the clear #1 next year.

Carolina will be the clear #2.

I think Alabi comes back and FSU is the clear #3.

I love the team Frank Haith has together at Miami. I think they are the 4th best team as it stands now. I'd probably put VT 5th.

I guess Maryland would be 6th right now, but it's too early to even look at it. Clemson has pretty much everyone back minus Booker I think.

GT and Wake lose alot, assuming Favors/Aminu/Lawal leave as expected.

BC will probably be better.

NC State has a great recruiting class coming in, I wouldn't be surprised if they were better.

UVA also has a pretty good class coming in, but losing Landesberg probably means they start the year picked to finish last. Can't wait :rolleyes:

Yea, a lot of teams will suffer...Despite his injury to end the year, it appears Ed Davis still should leave...he is projected in the top 10. If he were to come back, UNC will be very good.

If Singler comes back, as expected, Duke will probably be preseason #1 and the title favorite.

Alabi may leave early and he is a first rounder but he should come back and refine his game more...if he does, then FSU is probably the clear cut #3 team.

Miami had, I believe, 7 or 8 freshman and sophomores in their rotation this year...So they should be better.

There's talk of an NBA lockout being likely after next season - and supposedly that's going to convince players who would normally stay another year in college to come out in this year's draft. So, hopefully Davis, Alabi, and especially Singler all go pro. :)

Doesn't Duke have Steph Curry's brother becoming eligible next year too?

Yep....Duke will probably be starting Irving, Singler, Curry, Smith and one of the Plumlee brothers.

They are going to be ridiculously deep and talented next year.

They will be able to play big and small next year and as long as Singler comes back, they will have a lot of experienced leadership to go along with the younger players.

Archived