Next Year

Floater

Do MD fans want to see Duke win it all to see another Title in the ACC or do they want to see Duke lose simply because of hatred?
Easiest question in the world.

See Duke lose simply because of hatred. I'd also love it if K fainted again halfway through the game and then tried to get the loss expunged from his record.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Easiest question in the world.

See Duke lose simply because of hatred. I'd also love it if K fainted again halfway through the game and then tried to get the loss expunged from his record.

A few of my MD fan friends felt differently. I would like nothing more than to see them lose.

A few of my MD fan friends felt differently. I would like nothing more than to see them lose.

I just don't get that rationale. Never have. You really are going to root for the team you despise just so the conference gets another title. Whoop dee doo. The negative far outweighs the positive. It only makes the divide between UNC, Duke and the rest of the ACC that much greater and while we don't compete for the same caliber of recruits as Duke, hypothetically, if we ever did it would hurt us. Under no circumstances should you root for the hated rival in any sport. I'll never root for Duke, Steelers, Yankees, Red Sox, Colts.

Do MD fans want to see Duke win it all to see another Title in the ACC or do they want to see Duke lose simply because of hatred?

I understand that I'm in a small minority, but I always root for an ACC team to win the NCAA Tournament - since we're one of the leading schools in the ACC. It doesn't make it easy that it's Duke, but so be it.

Who actually cares about conference titles other than John Swofford?

I'm rooting for West Virginia over Duke. And I neither like West Virginia nor Bob Huggins.

Go Butler!

It would be nice for the conference to win 5 of the last 10 titles, which is what the case would be if Duke did win it all. All this talk about how great other conferences are always makes me laugh anyway. This would just be a little icing on that cake.

I won't really be rooting for Duke for obvious reasons, but if they do happen to win it, it'll be nice for the ACC.

Didn't think it was worth its own thread, so this seemed like the next logical place. I can't imagine this turns out any different than Grevis last year.

Delaney declares for NBA Draft

“I decided to put my name into the NBA Draft to explore all of my options in order to better achieve my goal of getting to the next level,” Delaney said. “ It has always been my dream to play in the NBA and I believe this will give me the opportunity to learn more about the process. I will be able to get feedback from various people, including NBA scouts and NBA general managers and get my name out there.”
“We respect and will support Malcolm as he attempts to get feedback from the NBA,” head coach Seth Greenberg said. “His dream has always been to play at the next level and this experience will give him a better understanding of where he stands in relation to fulfilling that dream. At the end of the process he will evaluate what is in his best interest as he pursues his goals. We will support him in every way possible and know that he will make a good decision.”

Once MD is eliminated, I always root for the ACC schools....yes, even Duke. The only exception was in 2001, when Duke beat MD in the Final 4....a game the Terps led by 22, then choked away. I sooooooo wanted Duke to get humiliated in the Championship Game after that, but it didn't happen.

Confession time. I still have a sick feeling from the MD loss. So much so that I have not watched one minute of the tournament since the moment Lucious hit that shot....although I have looked at scores online so I know what's happened. I haven't made up my mind yet if I'll watch the Final 4 or not. I'll see how I feel Saturday.

I also don't see why a Maryland fan would root for Duke. I'll root for Butler. At least if they win we don't have to hear about the Big East from Gesh and the media and we don't have to hear about the Big Ten from Hoosiers.:D

I watched the recruit from Iceland today. He has pretty good instincts and passed the ball well but he also seems very slow and a bit afraid to shoot. But, with the team he is on, he isn't relied on to score much.

Archived