Next Year

Floater

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yep....Duke will probably be starting Irving, Singler, Curry, Smith and one of the Plumlee brothers.

They are going to be ridiculously deep and talented next year.

They will be able to play big and small next year and as long as Singler comes back, they will have a lot of experienced leadership to go along with the younger players.

Have you seen Seth Curry play? I saw him in person last year, and a few times on TV. I wasn't that impressed. It's easy for him to score in the Big South, especially when his teammates pass him the ball. As an example, the game I was at, Liberty stole the ball late, had a 2 on 0, the guy with the ball stopped under the basket, and waited for Curry to get down the court. Then he handed him the ball so he could get a layup and get 2 more points. From what I saw, Liberty would get him the ball a lot to get his points. Even if that happens at Duke, he will be playing against much tougher competition.

I just don't think he will be a star at Duke, but that remains to be seen. I just think everyone thinks they are getting Steph Curry, but they aren't.

Have you seen Seth Curry play? I saw him in person last year, and a few times on TV. I wasn't that impressed. It's easy for him to score in the Big South, especially when his teammates pass him the ball. As an example, the game I was at, Liberty stole the ball late, had a 2 on 0, the guy with the ball stopped under the basket, and waited for Curry to get down the court. Then he handed him the ball so he could get a layup and get 2 more points. From what I saw, Liberty would get him the ball a lot to get his points. Even if that happens at Duke, he will be playing against much tougher competition.

I just don't think he will be a star at Duke, but that remains to be seen. I just think everyone thinks they are getting Steph Curry, but they aren't.

He averaged 20ppg as a freshman.

He can shoot...which is what he will be asked to do at Duke. He will just be another guy at Duke on a loaded team. He also got 4.5 rebounds a game as well..Much like his brother.

I have also heard that he has looked great in practices...Remember, he has been able to practice with Duke and learn their system even if he couldn't play in real games.

Yep....Duke will probably be starting Irving, Singler, Curry, Smith and one of the Plumlee brothers.

They are going to be ridiculously deep and talented next year.

They will be able to play big and small next year and as long as Singler comes back, they will have a lot of experienced leadership to go along with the younger players.

Yeah, if Singler comes back, I expect they have a good shot at preseason #1 in the nation ranking - though I think they'll miss the under-appreciated Zoubek.

He averaged 20ppg as a freshman.

He can shoot...which is what he will be asked to do at Duke. He will just be another guy at Duke on a loaded team. He also got 4.5 rebounds a game as well..Much like his brother.

I have also heard that he has looked great in practices...Remember, he has been able to practice with Duke and learn their system even if he couldn't play in real games.

I agree with those two statements. Practicing with Duke for a year will help his development. Also, I think he will just be another guy at Duke. I don't know if he will be the superstar his brother was.

Yeah, if Singler comes back, I expect they have a good shot at preseason #1 in the nation ranking - though I think they'll miss the under-appreciated Zoubek.

Yes, Zoubek is going to be missed...But the Plumlee brothers, Kelly and Hairston(an incoming freshman) are all 6'9" or taller...THomas will be missed as well.

But they will still be a big team...but they will be deeper on the perimeter.

And no, Seth Curry likely won't be his brother but he still may be a 15+ ppg scorer in the ACC next year and if they are getting that production from him, to go along with Smith and Singler, the scoring loss of Scheyer won't be felt and Irving will give them a true PG and a guy that can break you down at anytime....Duke lacks that right now with the exception of Nolan Smith.

I completely forgot that Jeff Allen will be back' date=' seems like hes been around forever.[/quote']

We also have a 6'10" transfer from University of Florida, Allen Chaney, who sat on the bench in street clothes this year. I don't know much about him but I have heard he is a "specimen". And yes, Allen will be back, Davila will be a year older, Raines will not be a freshman anymore and perhaps won't miss all fall and then part of the season with injuries. So I expect us to be a lot stronger in the front court next year.

Seriously. Who will go over the back for rebounds and scream unnecessarily to try and convince us all that he's tough? That skill set is tough to replicate.

Seriously. Who will go over the back for rebounds and scream unnecessarily to try and convince us all that he's tough? That skill set is tough to replicate.

Its not over the back when you are just way taller and have a bigger wingspan than everyone else. :)

Its not over the back when you are just way taller and have a bigger wingspan than everyone else. :)

It is when you're way taller, have bigger wingspan, and are still hanging all over their back...which happens a lot when you can't jump.;)

Forget Chris Rock; there should be a sitcom called "Everyone hates Zoubek" - about the gawky awkward 7 footer in the typical middle school. I got ideas for the episode where his teammates tease him about his efforts to learn the crossover dribble. He accidentally breaks the cute cheerleader's arm, and everybody yells, Zoubek!!! He gives a good-natured embarrassed shrug and sheepish smile.

Forget Chris Rock; there should be a sitcom called "Everyone hates Zoubek" - about the gawky awkward 7 footer in the typical middle school. I got ideas for the episode where his teammates tease him about his efforts to learn the crossover dribble. He accidentally breaks the cute cheerleader's arm, and everybody yells, Zoubek!!! He gives a good-natured embarrassed shrug and sheepish smile.

And in one episode, he can't join his teammates in "floor slapping" because he can't bend at the waist...so they all laugh at him.

Tough end to the season, Lucious just hit a big shot and Michigan State got tons of offensive rebounds and threes. Too bad because I think we would be right where Michigan State is today. Oh well. I was real angry/sad for a few days we should've won that game.

Gregory, Padgett, and of course Williams are all gonna have to be big next year. It will be interesting to see how Bowie and Tucker do starting, which I am guessing is gonna happen along with Mosley. Mychal Parker, Terrell Stoglin, Pe'Shon Howard, and Ashton Pankey better be ready to play, because they are gonna have to hit some shots. I hope we recruit another C/PF I see some PF kid from Baltimore named Jonathan Graham is considering us.

I am hoping Bowie can up his game next year, I've seen flashes throughout his career. Same wit Tucker. Looking forward to seeing Parker and Stoglin I hope they are the real deal. Is Goins ever going to play? We shall see.

Tough end to the season, Lucious just hit a big shot and Michigan State got tons of offensive rebounds and threes. Too bad because I think we would be right where Michigan State is today. Oh well. I was real angry/sad for a few days we should've won that game.

Gregory, Padgett, and of course Williams are all gonna have to be big next year. It will be interesting to see how Bowie and Tucker do starting, which I am guessing is gonna happen along with Mosley. Mychal Parker, Terrell Stoglin, Pe'Shon Howard, and Ashton Pankey better be ready to play, because they are gonna have to hit some shots. I hope we recruit another C/PF I see some PF kid from Baltimore named Jonathan Graham is considering us.

I am hoping Bowie can up his game next year, I've seen flashes throughout his career. Same wit Tucker. Looking forward to seeing Parker and Stoglin I hope they are the real deal. Is Goins ever going to play? We shall see.

Hmm, Graham seems to be just another version of Pankey and Padgett - except less athletic and maybe a little craftier. I'm not sure there's much benefit in getting him, but maybe they think he can add some inside offense.

Archived