4/18, Orioles (1-11) @ Athletics (9-4)

nevadaO

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Adam Jones is exactly like a cocky, young, Andruw Jones. Except Adam doesn't have the glove or bat to support the "whatever" demeanor.

It amazes me how this kind of stuff is becoming more prevalent on here, even though there's not really any basis for it.

A couple of oddball posters make these baseless accusations and then suddenly people jump right on the bandwagon.

I'd love to know what Adam Jones does that makes him "cocky" or "Mr. Cool"?

To hear some of the people on here tell it, you would think the guy is the next Rickey Henderson or Willy Mays Hayes.

These would all be neg-rep worthy if this wasn't the game thread.

Anyone who thinks he lost the ball in the sun because he's cocky or lazy is being an idiot.

Really? Mine is? How in the world did you interpret what I said into him being lazy/cocky? Stop jumping to conclusions and keep your snide comments to yourself, eh?

Nice start for Matusz.

6.1 IP, 2 ER (on the hook for guys on 1st and 3rd), 8 H, BB, HBP, 8 K

Lets get a ground ball and get out of this inning and get a win.

There's a 3rd ER for Matusz in on the sac fly. That's a tough earned run though, as it was obviously very aided by the ball Jones lost in the sun.

I don't know why Dave Trembley doesn't just shove his foot up Adam Ass

Have you ever played the game? Trust me, that happens. Try catching a ball you do not see. Damn people, Jones lost it in the sun. Palmer has mentioned it about 10 times today. No need to kill AJ every time he breathes wrong.

god some people are serious idiots. I know it's the game thread, but lol at all of that unessecary bashing. he lots the ball in the sun, not because he was too cocky or thinking about twitter. :rolleyes:

He usually blows a bubble while he catches a ball.

I didn't see him blow one there.

That must be why he lost it!

:)

Really? Mine is? How in the world did you interpret what I said into him being lazy/cocky? Stop jumping to conclusions and keep your snide comments to yourself, eh?

Their is always atleast one person in a message board that points out everything someone says. Jesus Christ. Adam should of had that ball. That's the reason he is wearing sun glasses to block out the sun

The Jones bashing is hilarious. Of course he'd be the first one fans would turn on...

No kidding, it's really uncalled for. Yes the guy still has things to work on but all of this accusing him of being cocky, arrogant, and unwilling to listen to coaches is ridiculous and in no way based in reality that any of us is aware of. It's all because he was named to the All Star team and won a Gold Glove and people don't feel it was warranted. Well it's not his fault he won it and it doesn't all of a sudden mean he's a primadonna who thinks he has nothing left to work on.

Archived