Terps Miami

Pedro Cerrano

Typical "soft" MD effort......can't close the deal.

You'd think on the last drive of the game you'd see a little more intensity and effort. Nope. No pass rush, DBs letting guys get behind them....terrible.

There were plenty of opportunities to win that game and they let it get away.

I don't think it was lack of effort. I think it was simply Miami's athletes beating them. Maryland just doesn't have the team speed to go toe-to-toe with teams like that. To win games like that the Terps have to take advantage of every opportunity to score, and they didn't do that. Instead they blew chances for 2 TDs, settling for FGs instead....and that INT in the end zone killed them.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think it was lack of effort. I think it was simply Miami's athletes beating them. Maryland just doesn't have the team speed to go toe-to-toe with teams like that. To win games like that the Terps have to take advantage of every opportunity to score' date=' and they didn't do that. Instead they blew chances for 2 TDs, settling for FGs instead....and that INT in the end zone killed them.[/quote']

I don't think speed is that big of a problem in the secondary. Biggest problem is still the lines on both sides of the ball. We had two terrible recruiting classes for the OL (guys who should now be juniors and seniors) and we neglected the DL for years. I think the guys they have now on the DL will eventually be good (Francis, Vellano, both sophs) but at the moment they're inconsistent and they don't get penetration. LB's (minus Wuj) and DBs have good speed.

I may be a homer, but I think the talent will be there the next two years. We only lose 12 seniors (8 who actually play) and probably Torrey Smith from this team. Next year the OL hopefully stays healthy and I think they'll finely be an adequate OL. Skill positions on offense are set. DL is similar to the OL, think they'll improve and most of the secondary (I think Perez is the only senior) will return.

Just not sure we have the coaching staff to get this team to an Atlantic crown.

Archived