• 3.3k views
    • 494 replies
    • 28.5k views
  7. Dan Straily 2019 1 2 3 4 23

• 336 replies
    • 26.7k views
    • 35 replies
    • 2.7k views

• The thing is, Seth Johnson has as much chance of being successful in '25 and '26 as Rogers
    • I’ve said this before. It’s not a lock Mayo is on the OD roster. If both Mateo and Urias are back they would have to move on from someone like Mountcastle or O’Hearn to make room. That’s also under the assumption that Kjerstad takes over for Santander.   Your 4 man bench would be  Backup C Mateo Urias RH OF 
    • What was Norby’s spot on the Setemeber 2024 for roster?  Who are you kicking off for him? Where would Norby’s spot have been on the 2025 roster?  A COF that’s never played OF professionally competing with Slater types? The big quesiton… do people really think that Elias undersold on Norby?  You don’t think Rogers was the best deal out there for him? I hate to say it, but Norby’s deadline value was pretty close to what Urias’ and Mateo’s value were when we claimed them off waivers. So Norby mashed as a questionable positionless defender for a last place team. So did Tyler Nevin in 2024 at some point. Why we crying?  I’d even argue that Nevin right now would have a more useful role on the 2025 team than Norby.  That’s right now. All things considered. I hate to sound not humble, but this exact post is what should be the response to any Norby offseason cry session.
    • Well when they made the trade, there was reason to think he would be.  That said, i do think they were looking more long term with the move. To me, that is the criticism with this trade but we also don't have enough info to really know if a more right now move was available for those guys. We didn't see only older prospects like that dealt for rentals or anything else like that.
    • I still believe that 2025 and 2026 were bigger considerations for Elias in pulling the trigger on the Rogers deal than 2024.