Buster Posey gets leveled in home-plate collision...

Don_Aase_Fan

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The video after that one (labeled just "Posey's Injury") is a little more insightful. Looks like he hyper-extended his left knee as it was planted left and he was hit right and went backwards a bit. That'll hurt like you know what.

Cousins reaction reminded me of Bobby's in The Karate Kid after he carries out the order in the tourney to take Daniel out of commission.

Edit: or maybe it was his ankle...should probably read news reports.

The video after that one (labeled just "Posey's Injury") is a little more insightful. Looks like he hyper-extended his left knee as it was planted left and he was hit right and went backwards a bit. That'll hurt like you know what.

Cousins reaction reminded me of Bobby's in The Karate Kid after he carries out the order in the tourney to take Daniel out of commission.

Edit: or maybe it was his ankle...should probably read news reports.

Watch the replay a couple times. It took me several views to finally see it, but you can clearly see where his ankle was folded almost backwards.

That was awful. He was definitely expecting a slide there and Cousins just crushed him. The worst part is Posey never caught the ball anyway.

Fantastic throw by Schierholtz btw.

So I heard he got injured this morning, but didn't watch the play. Then, on the ride home this afternoon, sportstalk radio was saying that his career could be in jeopardy. That has to be an exageration, correct? He's done for the year, but he should be back next season, right?

So I heard he got injured this morning, but didn't watch the play. Then, on the ride home this afternoon, sportstalk radio was saying that his career could be in jeopardy. That has to be an exageration, correct? He's done for the year, but he should be back next season, right?

Probably hyperbole, thinking of hits guys like Fosse and Buck Martinez took that they never fully recovered from (even though they played after the hits).

Archived