Could Taylor Guerrieri be a potential dark horse candidate?

They don't, and the odds they select him are beyond slight. But he is the second HS pitcher on their board, and they have done due diligence.

Posturing doesn't do much at this point.

I was thinking the same thing, unless someone is seriously asking for $13m and they pretend they aren't interested and say, oh well Archie said he'd sign for $8m so we'll get back to you...I mean like you said, once they draft who they really start is when the clock really starts, so it's uh interesting I guess. I just personally see another 7-8 people ahead of Bradley at least, so it's just boggling to me to even be talking about it. It's almost Hobgood-ian to me.

I've heard this too. How do you guys compare Bradley to the rest of the lot? Would this be a situation where we could get a comparable talent for slot price and then spend big for the rest of what is supposed to be a very deep draft? Maybe similar to the '09 draft, but hopefully with much better results.

Pretty comparable upside to Bundy, IMO. Could be an ace. FB has touched 97-98 but probably settles 92-94. No where near as developed or polished as Bundy, though. Needs refinement and development of secondaries, but could end up just as good. More projection left than Bundy, though Bundy doesn't need any projection.

Archie Bradley is 9th on my board, the second HS pitcher. I'll have a full writeup in a few minutes.

Pretty comparable upside to Bundy, IMO. Could be an ace. FB has touched 97-98 but probably settles 92-94. No where near as developed or polished as Bundy, though. Needs refinement and development of secondaries, but could end up just as good. More projection left than Bundy, though Bundy doesn't need any projection.

Archie Bradley is 9th on my board, the second HS pitcher. I'll have a full writeup in a few minutes.

Yeah, sounds pretty spot on to me. I think he loses a tick or two of velo once he's at every 5 days, and I don't like the secondaries after the curve. I see him as a two pitch guy that might get an average 3rd pitch, but I have Bundy head and shoulders above him.

If I had to rate recent HS picks, Bradley would be below Matzek, Whitson and Wheeler for me. How about you?

Yeah, sounds pretty spot on to me. I think he loses a tick or two of velo once he's at every 5 days, and I don't like the secondaries after the curve. I see him as a two pitch guy that might get an average 3rd pitch, but I have Bundy head and shoulders above him.

If I had to rate recent HS picks, Bradley would be below Matzek, Whitson and Wheeler for me. How about you?

Taillon, Bundy, Whitson, Matzek, Wheeler, A. Bradley coming out of the draft, though Wheeler and A. Bradley are very close for me.

Also, Hobgood's name wouldn't even grace the top 10 list, if anyone was wondering. Not comparable.

Taillon, Bundy, Whitson, Matzek, Wheeler, A. Bradley coming out of the draft, though Wheeler and A. Bradley are very close for me.

Also, Hobgood's name wouldn't even grace the top 10 list, if anyone was wondering. Not comparable.

Yeah almost the same but flip Whitson and Matzek for me. I'd have S. Miller and Purke above Bradley too though.

I love this day of the year, only one where my favorite section has more people reading than the main O's section :)

It is a little weird without Nick and Jon here, but they have their hands full with their own stuff, and other guys like RVA have really stepped into help fill the void.

Archived