3/21: Orioles vs. Blue Jays

Don Quixote

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Especially Strop. I like Patton, but with Wada and Eveland he might not have a spot on the team on opening day and I see him as being a bit redundant to Phillips as well. The Orioles should release Gregg before risk losing Strop.

Roch on Hunter

Hunter threw 74 pitches, 44 for strikes. His fastball was mainly 89-91 mph.

It isn't always pretty with Hunter, but manager Buck Showalter likes how he grinds through a start and gives his team a chance to win.

The Blue Jays put at least one runner on base in every inning. Travis Snider and Yan Gomes had back-to-back doubles in the second to wipe out the Orioles' 1-0 lead. Catcher J.P. Arencibia homered with one out in the third - a long drive to left field - and Snider led off the fourth with a walk.

Also, Rick VandenHurk was claimed off waivers by Cleveland from Toronto.

Lind gets plunked. Patton's a bit wild today. Runners at the corners, two outs.

Patton didn't help his cause today. He needed to show he can get left-handers out and he walks Gose and then hits Lind. Plus Gose stole two bases off him.

Especially Strop. I like Patton, but with Wada and Eveland he might not have a spot on the team on opening day and I see him as being a bit redundant to Phillips as well. The Orioles should release Gregg before risk losing Strop.

I think the Mets could use Gregg and 4.5 million dollars about now.

We totally scammed the Twins on that one. It's was/is a head-scratcher as to why Minnesota accepted that trade.

Their GM was kind of incompetent. He's the same guy who traded Johan Santana for magic beans. That's why the guy he replaced (Terry Ryan) came out of retirement this winter to replace him.

Archived