3/21: Orioles vs. Blue Jays

Don Quixote

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why didn't we bring in Googles to nail down this save? Why are we paying him $6M when we could bring in Stroop to do that at 1/12 the cost?:laughlol::angryfire:;;) Oh, its only spring training a Googs is working on a few things! And besides, I like the way the ball is coming out of his hand.

That'll do it for Strop. He faced 5 batters and retired only one of them. He walked 1, gave up 2 hits, committed a throwing error, and threw a wild pitch.

Stu Pomeranz comes in. He gets Valbuena to ground out, no advancement from the runners.

That is not good. I really want Strop to pitch well. He really might be on the bubble and I don't put it past Duquette to try and slip him through waivers while keeping a guy like Ayala. that's probably the first melt-down performance from Strop in an Orioles uniform. Hopefully it's just a bad day and he'll come back in hsi next appearances and throw well.

At least the Orioles are preparing us for the season. Obviously we would of had Johnson closing and obviously a Class-A outfielder and a back up Triple-A catcher wouldn't be batting in the bottom of the 9th, but clearly this team does it's best to find a way to lose ball games.

Archived