3/21: Orioles vs. Blue Jays

Don Quixote

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If he is, I hope it's because we are putting our 5th starter up against the other team's TOR in order to get a better matchup later. I still think Hunter is better off as a reliever and will be before the season is out.

Unless Britton gets healthy or Tillman learns to get major league hitters out consistently, I think Hunter is one of our five best starters. Not saying a lot, but I think he's likely to be better than Wada, Eveland, Galarraga, or Bergesen as our fifth starter. If we could get some value for him and/or Hammel at the trade deadline, I'd be very happy.

I must be one of the only posters on the board that thinks Hunter is going to be a decent starting pitcher this season. Certainly not a #1 starter, but he will keep us in games and give us innings.

I thought I picked him for opening day? He will be ok. I think he will be as good as Guthrie was.

I must be one of the only posters on the board that thinks Hunter is going to be a decent starting pitcher this season. Certainly not a #1 starter, but he will keep us in games and give us innings.

I think so too. Although his stuff is very hittable, he pounds the strike zone and mixes up his pitches well enough to keep opposing hitters off balance. There is a lot to be said for a pitcher who throws strikes consistently.

Archived