Dylan Bundy TONIGHT 5/20

xian4

Not the best outing of Bundy when he comes to location, but certainly impressive with five innings of one-hit ball to get his first win. By my count, only three offspeed pitches, one of which Webb robbed for a home run. I've got most of the outing tracked on paper, but he was sitting 95-97, hitting 98 a handful and his last pitch I saw I saw on the gun at 99. Fastball location was a bit of a struggle at times for Bundy, who seemed to nibble and got behind on about all but 4-5 hitters.

I tip my hat to him because he had a lot of balls that were squared up and hit into the outfield, where Kyle Hoppy, Glynn Davis and Webb played well defensively. Maybe 1 more start at the most with Delmarva. Come June 1st, it's time to take on the Carolina League.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can't wait until he's done with Delmarva. He really needs to be challenged more and this stint was a bit long for my taste. He may actually have to throw something other than fastballs at Frederick.

He has one more start there, right? I hope his Frederick debut is at Harry Grove.

Steve Melewski tweeting

Bundy's next start expected to be Saturday. Could be Delm or Frederick. Sounds like Peterson will recommend a move soon to Frederick.

He may be promoted earlier than expected

Steve Melewski tweeting

Bundy's next start expected to be Saturday. Could be Delmarva or Frederick. Sounds like Peterson will recommend a move soon to Frederick.

He may be promoted earlier than expected

I hope that it's Frederick. Of all the minor league games that I have been to, the really serious ball seems to be at Advanced-A and higher. That's where I first saw Zach Britton and Billy Rowell down in Winston-Salem, NC, too. :)

P.S. As a loyal Oriole fan, I reserve the right to still love and root for Billy Rowell in spite of his recent self-destructive and thoughtless behavior. ;)

Archived