Is there any chance that Gausman does not sign?

Swampdonks

Here's my question: This draft class was considered pretty weak; Is it better the have the #5 pick next year (maybe a strong class, I really don't know), or Gausman from this year?

Better to have the player sign this season. You lose a whole year of development.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If your heart is still at LSU, why did you enter the draft in the first place? Hopefully this kid is just playing hardball, otherwise, it's apparent he didn't put enough thought into the draft process in the first place.

If the latter is the case, then he's a moron and I'm not sure I'd want to be spending that much cash on a player who clearly doesn't take his profession seriously enough to think things through. [/rant]

If your heart is still at LSU, why did you enter the draft in the first place? Hopefully this kid is just playing hardball, otherwise, it's apparent he didn't put enough thought into the draft process in the first place.

If the latter is the case, then he's a moron and I'm not sure I'd want to be spending that much cash on a player who clearly doesn't take his profession seriously enough to think things through. [/rant]

Good point, if the guy would rather play at LSU than in the ML do we even want to spend that much money on him. That said, this is obviously just negotiation tactics.

You don't "enter the draft." You become eligible during certain points of your career, and you have the choice whether to sign or not.

You don't "enter the draft." You become eligible during certain points of your career, and you have the choice whether to sign or not.

He obviously gave enough people notice that he wanted to be selected in the draft, or he wouldn't have been picked 4th.

He would be a junior.

Still, he's not going to improve his stock by going back. He'll sign. I can't imagine anyone would be dumb enough to go back to school after being the 4th overall pick. He'll sign. This is all posturing.

Archived