Jerry Sandusky Busted/Paterno did NOTHING to prevent him from continuing his assault on children.

Majin Buu

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Disgusting and nauseating. Sandusky should rot in jail, as well as those who covered for him.

One of my friends is about as diehard a Penn State fan as I've ever seen. We like to rib each other about sports, but I'm not even going to mention this unless she brings it up and wants to discuss it. She's probably crushed right now; I feel awful for her. And for those kids. Using a charity as a front to molest boys? How much more despicable can you get?

What a sick ****. And the AD should go to jail too for for doing nothing when made aware of it. Sounds like Paterno at least did the right thing when he was made aware of an incident.

Sounds like he could have done a lot more, especially considering the lack of action from whom he told, and Joe's stature at the university.

Oh, and he apparently let Sandusky bring a child-rape victim to multiple practices. In 2007!

Sounds like he could have done a lot more, especially considering the lack of action from whom he told, and Joe's stature at the university.

Oh, and he apparently let Sandusky bring a child-rape victim to multiple practices. In 2007!

I was going by what was said in this article. Although I can see where someone of Paterno's stature will get some leeway, even in a case as sad as this.

I was going by what was said in this article. Although I can see where someone of Paterno's stature will get some leeway' date=' even in a case as sad as this.[/quote']

Well may I suggest this article?

Then there's the SportsbyBrooks Twitter timeline of events that among other things, lists the practices Sandusky was allowed to bring a boy to.

When I mentioned his stature, I meant he had the power to stand up and do what should have been done in this situation, even if his AD did not.

Well may I suggest this article?

Then there's the SportsbyBrooks Twitter timeline of events that among other things, lists the practices Sandusky was allowed to bring a boy to.

When I mentioned his stature, I meant he had the power to stand up and do what should have been done in this situation, even if his AD did not.

By stature I meant that Paterno might have a coat of Teflon, since the AG has publicly said he did the right thing. After reading more details, it appears that while Paterno didn't do anything illegal, he didn't do the right thing either. Thanks for sharing the other article, disturbing as it was.

By stature I meant that Paterno might have a coat of Teflon' date=' since the AG has publicly said he did the right thing. After reading more details, it appears that while Paterno didn't do anything illegal, he didn't do the right thing either. Thanks for sharing the other article, disturbing as it was.[/quote']

Yeah, I got what you were saying.

I think it can be argued that all PSU employees that knew of this were breaking the law considering it is mandatory to report such incidents by PA law.

O

I came across another article from the "Penn Live.com" site that Birds cited.

And I see that this brilliant doctor is informing us all that pedophiles "exploit their influence on children." No, really, you think ???

What planet has this doctor been on for the past 40 years ???

Oh, and the journalist that wrote the article came up with a real shocker in her opening line ........ "Simply put, pedophiles don't think of sex in a normal way." .........

Damn, that is another great observation. I don't know what we would do without these "experts" letting us in on the inside dope.

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2011/11/pedophiles_exploit_the_influen.html

O

Yeah, I got what you were saying.

I think it can be argued that all PSU employees that knew of this were breaking the law considering it is mandatory to report such incidents by PA law.

It can be argued, morally for sure, but the letter of the law probably says that by telling a superior, everyone up to the AD and VP are in the clear. And maybe since Sandusky was no longer a PSU employee at the time, perhaps that clears Paterno legally. Had Sandusky still been on his staff, hence Paterno would have been his boss, I wonder if that would have made a difference in Paterno not going to the authorities himself?

SPORTSbyBROOKS tweets:

Forget 2002. Any PSU staffer who mattered knew or should've known Sandusky was pederast in '98 after 'lengthy' PSU police investigation.
June 1998: PSU discovers Sandusky showering w/ children. Dec. 1998: PSU pays for child rape victim to accompany Sandusky to Outback Bowl
Sandusky took 12 yr old on 2 bowl trips & to other games. Boy ate dinner w/ coaches, roomed w/ Sandusky. 'Fixture' as Sandusky companion
Sandusky subject to 'lengthy' PSU Police investigation after he admitted showering w/ children in PSU locker room. No charges filed. IN 1998

Archived