The David Lough OPS Projection Thread

Frobby

Project David Lough's OPS for 2014  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Project David Lough's OPS for 2014

David Lough is probably the only remaining player who is almost certain to break camp with the Orioles. Last year, he posted a .724 OPS. He was called up in mid-May, posted an .807 OPS through the end of June, then .672 the rest of the way. In the minors, he carried an .808 career OPS, including .796 in 3+ seasons in AAA.

Dan and Buck are very high on Lough. But what do you say?

I may do some projection threads for other players a bit later in the spring once it is a little clearer who is likely to be on the team. Weeks and Clevenger seem like good bets, but no sure things, and the OF competition is pretty wide open.

Disappointed to hear that our manager plans to play Cruz in left field against left handed pitching. I would prefer Lough play everyday in left with an occasional rest. I love his defense and I like the added balance he provides to the line up. I think he would benefit from more at bats. That said I have at .725-.750.

HR's: 7

RBI's: 44

BA: .278

OBP: .329

R's: 53

2B's: 16

3B's: 4

SB's: 8

BB's: 24

SO's: 46

HBP: 6

MVP: N/A

ALL-STAR GAME: No.

GATORADE: Lemon Lime for the entire season.

Over how many games?

I can see him scoring 75 runs having a .335-340 OBP and 15-20 SBs.

Definitely tricky, but I like what I see so far. I kind of see him being an affluent man's David Newhan for us.

I really do too

I wasn't trying to be negative on the kid, just don't know how one would go about projecting stats for him, based on what?

While I like Nate, I am hoping Lough or Lough/Platoon Partner will be an upgrade.

89 games, and he started 80, which is a bit more than half of a regular season, not a complete season.

Umm.. 96 games under his belt last year. 89 of them played the field at least 1 inning. Of those 89, 80 were full games. Which means he pinched hit 7 games.

He officially has 169 days on the MLB roster (service time). He missed out on "full season" by 3 days.

Archived