2B's: 16

3B's: 4

SB's: 8

BB's: 24

SO's: 46

HBP: 6

MVP: N/A

ALL-STAR GAME: No.

GATORADE: Lemon Lime for the entire season.

Over how many games?

Sorry, I don't like to get into a lot of details when I make predictions.

Hard to predict stats for a prospect not having a whole season at the mlb level, with a new team

He has over 3000 professional plate appearances, including four full seasons at AAA or higher. He's not a total mystery. I don't think it's difficult to say (given regular playing time) he's probably going to have a .700-ish OPS, 6-8 homers, a dozen steals, and a walk every 25 PAs or so. His teammates at Omaha with roughly similar OPSes over the last few years include Mike Moustakas (.681 MLB OPS), Kila Ka'aihue (.687 MLB OPS), Mitch Maier (.671), Chris Getz (.619), and Xavier Nady (.756, but lower lately).

Solid MiL numbers, still young. High .700's and I'm thrilled. More excited about his defense and speed.

He's older than Chris Davis and Matt Wieters, five months younger than Adam Jones.

I think we can get a little better production in 2014 from Lough with a little kicker from more MLB experience and getting to peak production age. I am hoping for 10 more points in obp and 10 more in slg to get to .748 ops. I think something in the .740-760 range would be my expectation .... with Lough's trademark quality defense.

It will be interesting to see what happens with Cruz in LF versus LHP - to see the better production of the DH versus Lough offensively versus the defensive differential between Cruz and Lough. I think it will be one of the several signs that Buck is either on top of new statistical analysis or whether he trails the curve.

• 3 months later...

o

(vs. RED SOX, 7/06)

A lead-off triple to start the rally that proved to be the game-winner in the top of the 12th.

A nice defensive play on a hit off of the leftfield wall to nail David Ortiz trying to stretch a single into a double in the bottom of the 12th.

Lough and Brad Brach were the M.V.O.'s this afternoon, if only for a day.

DAVID DENNIS LOUGH

DAVID DENNIS LOUGH

DAVID DENNIS LOUGH

DAVID DENNIS LOUGH

DAVID DENNIS LOUGH

DAVID DENNIS LOUGH

DAVID DENNIS LOUGH

• 5 months later...

Archived