vs. BLUE JAYS, 3/16 (Spring Training)

OFFNY

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yep. I'm listening to the O's/Jays and watching Yanks/Braves to get another look at Tanaka.

Jones scores on a wind blown double by Clevenger.

Tanaka 3 scoreless, still 1-0 Yanks (on my computer.)

Pirates 2 - 0 over Phils who are batting bottom of 4th on 1 TV. Ryan Howard 2 fer 2.

Other TV - Rays 3-1 over BoSox, Price completes 5th, 59 pitches.

Giving 2nd computer a rest.

Eating Shrimp cocktail... Lobster & Steak on grill.

What the heck is up with our minor league baserunning?? At least, I think it's only been the NRI's and those fighting for a spot, but man, the last few games we have just sucked big time on the basepaths. Good grief.

You mean it is not just Henry ;)

Tanaka 3 scoreless, still 1-0 Yanks (on my computer.)

Pirates 2 - 0 over Phils who are batting bottom of 4th on 1 TV. Ryan Howard 2 fer 2.

Other TV - Rays 3-1 over BoSox, Price completes 5th, 59 pitches.

Giving 2nd computer a rest.

Eating Shrimp cocktail... Lobster & Steak on grill.

Awesome. :)

Tanaka got the first two outs in the top of the 4th. Gave up a two out walk to Uggla then just misses giving up a 2run HR to a Braves minor leaguer. Ends up a double. 1-1 in that game. Tanaka's split finger is absolutely everything everyone said it was.

He's pretty bad. I was explaining to the wife yesterday: when he gets excited about a fly ball, it'll be caught. When it seems like it'll be a routine fly ball, it's a homer.

Still, he's been doing it so long that I still sort of feel like he's an old friend. But yeah, when Angel isn't there and Fred's front and center for all 9 innings, it's pretty bad.

He gets flustered on anything but the most routine plays and then ends up describing what happened in excruciating detail, well after the play has been completed, only letting you know the out come at the very end..

Archived