Jim Palmer Memorable Quotes 2014

TonySoprano

See? This is why I hate Hunter and Palmer! Not that I disagree or even blame Palmer for the hate. He's earned it! I just hate the awkward moments it makes on the broadcast. I HATE that silent moment, that awkward silence.

I don't want angst. I want fun and frivolity! And Jim's opinions.

As I bring up whenever it comes up, I think one of the reasons Palmer is driven crazy by Hunter is that Hunter is terrible at properly leading Palmer in to analysis.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Palmer keeps on insisting that the Hunter 3 run homer to Miguel Cabrera was left over the middle of the plate. Sometimes he ignores reality to it fits his agenda.

http://m.mlb.com/video/topic/8877502/v32843503/detbal-miggy-drills-a-threerun-shot-to-take-lead/?c_id=det

Umm...where do you think it was? I watched the video, and I paused it at the moment of contact. If you were to divide the plate into thirds, the ball looked like it would've gone over the line separating the middle third from the outer third. Regardless, it was a big time hanger.

Point of contact is almost, but not quite on the outside corner. Maybe an inch or two in of the corner. If the ball hit's the catcher's glove it's right on the corner. Cabrera reached across the plate and pulled it. That's not a hanger by the usual definition. I also paused at the point of contact. I guess we see two different things then.

Catcher's glove is well behind the plate, and the ball wasn't traveling on a straight line. IMO, it caught much more of the plate at the point of contact than you're crediting. Is there an overhead view somewhere?

I agree it's not heading in a straight line. Point of contact is not towards the middle of the plate or even at the 1/3 point. I've watched it more than once.

So do you not think it was a terrible pitch? I certainly do, regardless of whether it was closer to the outside edge than the middle of the plate. You can't throw a breaking pitch that ends up between the thigh and the belt and also starts and ends over the plate, and expect to get away with it.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
*Jim Hunter is going on and on about Ryan Flaherty's meaningless BP session.*

Hunter- "I know this doesn't translate to the game-"

*Palmer cuts in*

Palmer- "Let's get to the important thing."

Lol def mean but awesome and classic Palmer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was there, sitting behind the dugout. It took every bit of my fortitude not to go out there and strangle [Armando Benitez]. And not what he did it's how he did it. How do you make Marquis Grissom a better hitter. You hang him a slider.

• 3 weeks later...
I remember when they gave Ponson $22M and he had to go through the door sideways. They said, "well he's got 6 weeks to get himself into shape for Spring Training."

I logged in for the first time in months to come to this thread for this. Hahahahahahaha

Archived