Former Oriole accused of rape

Dr. Unk

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Civil Suit. He is not being charged with any crime.

She just wants $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Could be that. Could be that too much time passed between the alleged assault and her trip to the hospital. We're dealing with almost no useful information in this case, apart from the fact that a civil suit has been filed.

Civil Suit. He is not being charged with any crime.

She just wants $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Or justice. Kind of unfair to make a judgement one way or the other without knowing much of anything. Would you say the civil suit against OJ Simpson was about $$$$$?

Or justice. Kind of unfair to make a judgement one way or the other without knowing much of anything. Would you say the civil suit against OJ Simpson was about $$$$$?

I thought Civil Cases were always about money...are they not trying to get compensation for their losses/damages/negligence/pain & suffering??

I am not defending Simon, but I note that a grand jury declined to indict him. This is a civil case brought by the woman, who admittedly was drunk and claims she was "incapable of consent" because of her intoxication. This lawsuit may be justified, and Simon may have acted very badly here, or this case could be an unwarranted attempt to extort some money from a wealthy baseball player. I generally tend to believe the woman in these kinds of matters, but the fact that Simon was not indicted suggests there is more than one side to this story.

Surely you are not suggesting that the bolded scenario would not constitute rape. Because that is rape.

I thought Civil Cases were always about money...are they not trying to get compensation for their losses/damages/negligence/pain & suffering??

If it's the only way to exact some sort of justice (i.e the legal suit not being picked up) then what other course of action is there?

they didn't get much actually, but the figure 33.5 million award them by the court system was a pretty staggering sum.

Yeah but that wasn't my point. Their motivation was.

Among other things, OJ used the Florida bankruptcy laws pretty effectively. Getting a judgement doesn't mean you collect it.

If it's the only way to exact some sort of justice (i.e the legal suit not being picked up) then what other course of action is there?
Well if it's only about justice and not about money she can sue him for a dollar. Bet it's for a little more than that, and she isn't giving it to charity.

Well if it's only about justice and not about money she can sue him for a dollar. Bet it's for a little more than that, and she isn't giving it to charity.

I thought you had me on ignore?

Suing for a dollar punishes him? How is that? I would think taking away a significant amount of somoenes financial resources and lowering their quality of life punishes them to some extent.

Archived