Where will Reimold go? (Update: DFA)

Aglets

Adding to that point, and given what Boston has been dealing with, you don't think they might be a little gun shy about adding someone who might shatter into a thousand pieces at the thought of a stiff breeze?

Not for 500K. That's hanging around money for the Red Sox.

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Because if you trade for him you get him. If you play the waivers game, and you are not Tampa, you may not get him.

Some teams might just think Nolan is an upgrade over who they have now.

Why would a team want a guy with power and plate discipline that can run a little?

Have you seen that Boston has been playing in the outfield?

I think that Boston would be far more interested in the OF talent they have like Betts than a guy who has played a grand total a total of 160 something games since 2010 because he is constantly hurt.

If the O's get anything for Reimold it will be a change of scenery guy or some low ball prospect nobody has ever heard of.

Think about it if Reimold played for the Reds say and we were thinking about bringing in a guy with his injury history to help us win a pennant...how thrilled would that make you. Not so much here. I would prefer Lough....at least I know he will be healthy enough to play defense and pinch run.

Give me Reimold for a prospect with the approximate longterm value of a bag of balls or my organizations version of Reimold / headache maybe otherwise no thanks

Not for 500K. That's hanging around money for the Red Sox.

Maybe so. I just don't see the appeal for a team in their position. Reimold's not a prospect or a change of scenery guy. He's a player with chronic, severe injury problems who happens to be cheap.

The Sox already called up Mookie Betts with the intention of playing him in RF, and Holt has gotten time out there, as well. I don't think they'd really be that eager to make a waiver claim on a bandaid who'll likely force them to drastically increase their bandaid budget.

Maybe so. I just don't see the appeal for a team in their position. Reimold's not a prospect or a change of scenery guy. He's a player with chronic, severe injury problems who happens to be cheap.

The Sox already called up Mookie Betts with the intention of playing him in RF, and Holt has gotten time out there, as well. I don't think they'd really be that eager to make a waiver claim on a bandaid who'll likely force them to drastically increase their bandaid budget.

Sounds like Grady Sizemore.

Sox gave him a shot.

Clearly it is an opinion. You cant know who would claim him until he is exposed...till then its guesswork.

I think there is a possibility that at least 4 or 5 teams could use his skill set as a complimentary piece if he hit the waiver wire. Would not be shocked if he were claimed. SD is a team I could see claiming either Lough or Reimold. If they intend to sell then either of those guys could be used as placeholders to replace the talent they move.

I seriously doubt that 15 teams are gonna claim either of these guys though.

I just thought that 15 would use Lough as a fourth outfielder. At his salary. Not Reimold. And yes, opinion. we shall never know if I guessed right.

I just thought that 15 would use Lough as a fourth outfielder. At his salary. Not Reimold. And yes, opinion. we shall never know if I guessed right.

15 seemed like a lot but I agree with the sentiment though. I do think Lough would be claimed by multiple teams. He does certain things pretty well IMO that can help a team at a low cost.

Is he a starter no...but reserves have value to especially when they come free.

15 seemed like a lot but I agree with the sentiment though. I do think Lough would be claimed by multiple teams. He does certain things pretty well IMO that can help a team at a low cost.

Is he a starter no...but reserves have value to especially when they come free.

Nope, I never said he would be a starter. And maybe it's only ten. But I looked at the fourth outfielders around before I made that crazy claim.

Nope, I never said he would be a starter. And maybe it's only ten. But I looked at the fourth outfielders around before I made that crazy claim.

Never said you thought he was a starter....simply saying in a roundabout way that just cause a guy is not a starting quality guy does not make him someone that nobody would have an interest in.

I have always liked Lough as a 4th OF. I think a lot of the negativity about him has more to do with him being misused as a starter for a while than anything else.

Eventually people will appreciate him for what he can bring ...decent D and some speed that has value IMO

Never said you thought he was a starter....simply saying in a roundabout way that just cause a guy is not a starting quality guy does not make him someone that nobody would have an interest in.

I have always liked Lough as a 4th OF. I think a lot of the negativity about him has more to do with him being misused as a starter for a while than anything else.

Eventually people will appreciate him for what he can bring ...decent D and some speed that has value IMO

I wanted him to be good enough to be a starter. I had those fantasies. But he's not. He is better than Nate McLouth though and has value for what he is being paid.

I wanted him to be good enough to be a starter. I had those fantasies. But he's not. He is better than Nate McLouth though and has value for what he is being paid.

Yea no doubt about that. Despite his offensive woes he has value as a defender and PR and fill in at a fraction of the cost that McLouth would have cost. Lough gets a kinda bum rap, in honesty I am as guilty as any of that. I know people feel like DD missed on Lough but its more like they struck silver than gold...he still has decent value just not as much as we may have hoped for.

There is an irony in the love fest for Joseph because he is a good defender and we did not expect all that much from him vs the disdain for Lough who is a good defender also with good speed but we had hopes he could be more. Good case study in how expectations can help form our affinity for certain players.

Yea no doubt about that. Despite his offensive woes he has value as a defender and PR and fill in at a fraction of the cost that McLouth would have cost. Lough gets a kinda bum rap, in honesty I am as guilty as any of that. I know people feel like DD missed on Lough but its more like they struck silver than gold...he still has decent value just not as much as we may have hoped for.

There is an irony in the love fest for Joseph because he is a good defender and we did not expect all that much from him vs the disdain for Lough who is a good defender also with good speed but we had hopes he could be more. Good case study in how expectations can help form our affinity for certain players.

If Lough was in Center instead of Left he wouldn't get as much grief. Of course it isn't his fault.

Archived