Texas Pitcher Upset over unwritten rule breakage

Redskins Rick

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/texas-rangers-pitcher-flips-opponent-125903886.html

For the most part, the 200,000 unwritten rules are just plain stupid.

This case is absurd, what does Lewis what the Blue Jays to do, stop playing, they were only down two runs?

A weakness to the shift, is the left side bunt and that's what Colby did. You play to win, and he was doing his part.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/texas-rangers-pitcher-flips-opponent-125903886.html

For the most part, the 200,000 unwritten rules are just plain stupid.

This case is absurd, what does Lewis what the Blue Jays to do, stop playing, they were only down two runs?

A weakness to the shift, is the left side bunt and that's what Colby did. You play to win, and he was doing his part.

I'm not a big Colby Rasmus fan, but he didn't do anything wrong. He did what I'd like to see Davis do more often. Like Rick said, they were only up two. It doesn't matter what the score is, I don't think that's a bad play ever. If you feel the score is out of hand, then take the shift off.

There is no such "unwritten rule." There are ones that say you shouldn't bunt with a big lead or to break up a no-hitter. But to bunt in a close game because the defense isn't aligned to cover the bunt very well is good, smart baseball. Lewis is way off base on this one. I'm guessing that he may well see a few more bunts.

There is no such "unwritten rule." There are ones that say you shouldn't bunt with a big lead or to break up a no-hitter. But to bunt in a close game because the defense isn't aligned to cover the bunt very well is good, smart baseball. Lewis is way off base on this one. I'm guessing that he may well see a few more bunts.

I remember Ben Davis doing this against Curt Schilling and Schilling was real mad. I think the score was 2-0, so it wasn't a bad play IMO because he brought the tying run to the plate.

Davis' response to the criticism was great. He said something to the effect of "Tony Gwynn said it was okay, so I'm not really worried about it."

I remember Ben Davis doing this against Curt Schilling and Schilling was real mad. I think the score was 2-0, so it wasn't a bad play IMO because he brought the tying run to the plate.

Davis' response to the criticism was great. He said something to the effect of "Tony Gwynn said it was okay, so I'm not really worried about it."

I remember that as well. Bob Brenly, Schilling's manager at the time, was mad as well.

Which was ludicrous. The opposition (I forget who it was, SD maybe?) was still in a pennant race and trying to win ball games. The point of playing is to win, not to help Curt Schilling get a perfect game, and they were only down by 2 runs.

I love baseball but baseball players have too many "rules" and ways they can feel tough. Clearly, Lewis is completely making one of these "rules" up here but I have a few other things that bug me.

I hate when bullpens run out onto the field to stand around. I think it's idiotic. Fighting and the machismo of baseball players in general is hilariously stupid. If they were playing a sport where they could regularly take out their aggression (a contact sport: football, hockey, rugby, lacrosse) they wouldn't have to act so tough in the silly ways they do in baseball.

Archived