vs. WHITE SOX, 8/20

OFFNY

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cool. The cubbies have to finish up last night's game tomorrow.

Can someone explain to me how last night's SF/ChC game was different from the recent Texas/NYY game where the Yankee ground crew couldn't get the tarp on the field, it became waterlogged, and the game was called with the Yankees leading in the bottom of the 5th and the Yankees were given a win?

I tried not to read too much into that.

I failed.

The mental image hurts. I need to wash it out with soap. Or the replay of that home run. Something.

LOL. Could've been worded better I'll give you that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are we going to get anything off this guy?

No. 9 IP, 1 hit, 0 runs, 12 K, 0 BB. Noesi will start a team offensive funk so contagious and so profound that even Norfolk and Bowie will start hitting below the Mendoza Line, and Davis will start forfeiting his at-bats because it's pointless to even try. Then we'll miss the playoffs by 13 games.

Or... you know... something else may happen.

Can someone explain to me how last night's SF/ChC game was different from the recent Texas/NYY game where the Yankee ground crew couldn't get the tarp on the field, it became waterlogged, and the game was called with the Yankees leading in the bottom of the 5th and the Yankees were given a win?

Yankees.

Explained.

I was listening to them talk about it on the radio. The rule states when automatic tarp, or any automatic equipment used to dry the field doesn't work the game will be suspended. The tarp wasn't automated, but they did use machines to try to dry the field up they said on the radio.

Archived