Toronto looking for New President to be Duquette.

OriolesManiac88

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I love that song.

Dear Stan, I meant to write you sooner but I just been busy

You said your girlfriend's pregnant now, how far along is she?

Look, I'm really flattered you would call your daughter that

and here's an autograph for your brother,

I wrote it on the Starter cap

I'm sorry I didn't see you at the show, I musta missed you

Don't think I did that stuff intentionally just to diss you

But what's this stuff you said about you like to cut your wrists too?

I say that stuff just clowning dogg,

c'mon - how freaked up is you?

You got some issues Stan, I think you need some counseling

to help your butt from bouncing off the walls when you get down some.

I haven't read the entire thread yet but Pompey would be a nice get and the Orioles shouldn't settle for anything less. If the Jays really want Duquette they need to pay a hefty price because we would be giving up an important part of the organization when we don't necessarily have to. You don't let Duquette go just because he might want the Jay's job and you are worried he might not be focused on the Orioles. Duquette is smart enough and likely conscientious enough to not blow off his current job responsibilities. That would be shortsighted.

I'd rather Duquette stay but if he is going to go, I hope it happens soon and Pompey is the return. He would finish off the 2015 roster nicely as the lead off hitter and corner OF we are still looking for.

I haven't read the entire thread yet but Pompey would be a nice get and the Orioles shouldn't settle for anything less. If the Jays really want Duquette they need to pay a hefty price because we would be giving up an important part of the organization when we don't necessarily have to. You don't let Duquette go just because he might want the Jay's job and you are worried he might not be focused on the Orioles. Duquette is smart enough and likely conscientious enough to not blow off his current job responsibilities. That would be shortsighted.

I'd rather Duquette stay but if he is going to go, I hope it happens soon and Pompey is the return. He would finish off the 2015 roster nicely as the lead off hitter and corner OF we are still looking for.

He's had 43 games above A+, I wouldn't pencil him in for 2015.

Could he be someone that moves Jones over to a corner in a few years?

This may be naive but:

How did we get from a) no permission to interview Duquette to b) talking about compensation?

I would think that compensation would not be discussed unless the Jays had decided on DD as their man.

I would not think they would decide on DD as their man without an interview.

This would lead me to think the O's granted permission to the Jays to talk to Duquette IF compensation is being discussed.

I would think that the O's would not allow there to be an interview until compensation had been determined. If they won't give you what you want, no sense allowing the conversation.

This may be naive but:

How did we get from a) no permission to interview Duquette to b) talking about compensation?

I would think that compensation would not be discussed unless the Jays had decided on DD as their man.

This would lead me to think the O's granted permission to the Jays to talk to Duquette IF compensation is being discussed.

Or the O's wont allow the talks without predetermining the compensation.

This may be naive but:

Why legally force DD to stay here if he wants to take this promotion? Who does that help? It certainly does not help the O's organization. So let's figure out compensation.

This may be naive but:

I have a feeling that, despite Angelos's strong words earlier in the off-season, Duquette is as good as gone and we're probably only going to get a marginal player out of it. There just isn't any kind of precedent for getting a valuable ML player for an exec, as far as I know. Epstein was probably held in higher regard than Duquette is and he only netted the Sox an AAA reliever. I guess we can tell the Blue Jays to suck eggs and hold onto Duquette but I don't really see that as a good thing for the Orioles if he doesn't want to be here.

I have a feeling that, despite Angelos's strong words earlier in the off-season, Duquette is as good as gone and we're probably only going to get a marginal player out of it. There just isn't any kind of precedent for getting a valuable ML player for an exec, as far as I know. Epstein was probably held in higher regard than Duquette is and he only netted the Sox an AAA reliever. I guess we can tell the Blue Jays to suck eggs and hold onto Duquette but I don't really see that as a good thing for the Orioles if he doesn't want to be here.

Wait and watch. It won't be so bad. I am the national source for both Pompey and Sanchez as the compensation.

Archived