Toronto looking for New President to be Duquette.

OriolesManiac88

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Duquette knows that Angelos doesn't want to grant permission for an interview. He knows they don't want to let him go. You'd think if Duquette accepted this a 2 minute, "I'm happy with the O's and have no interest in leaving for another job" would have been pretty easy to say last night or first thing this morning.

But he does have interest. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if he's the one who leaked the story.

Maybe, because DD and Toronto are not allowed to talk to each other without permission (almost always given for non-lateral moves) this maybe his way of getting around that by saying "hey over here, i'm interested".

It's certainly not information Toronto would be privy to and even if they tampered they would have very little reason to leak it. The O's certainly don't want the distraction so that only leaves one person either DD or someone close to him.

This would be a lateral move as well. The Orioles don't have a president. DD is Executive Vice President of the Orioles that is the highest position on the team under Peter Angelos. The blue jays aren't going to make DD the owner.

How is it not a lateral move? His salary would be doubled and he would handle the day to day operations and business side of the club.

And no for DD to get the same responsibility/title Angelos would not have to step down as owner but he would have to relinquish control over the day to day operations.

Isn't all this discussion moot? Toronto Sun says Beeston is staying through 2015.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kenny Williams confirmed the Blue Jays asked for permission. The Blue Jays probably resigned him so they wouldn't be left out in the cold if their search was unsuccessful.

They also need someone to run things in the meantime. DD is clearly interested in the position but we've yet to hear from the Blue Jays side if he is even a finalist among their candidates they are discussing internally.

Kenny Williams confirmed the Blue Jays asked for permission. The Blue Jays probably resigned him so they wouldn't be left out in the cold if their search was unsuccessful.

They also need someone to run things in the meantime. DD is clearly interested in the position but we've yet to hear from the Blue Jays side if he is even a finalist among their candidates they are discussing internally.

Dan Duquette did not leak anything. And Toronto never filed the paperwork to request to interview Duquette if anyone leaked this, it was Williams.

Dan Duquette did not leak anything. And Toronto never filed the paperwork to request to interview Duquette if anyone leaked this, it was Williams.

Yep, the idea that DD leaked this, as he left for GM meetings where this story could only complicate his efforts, is pretty preposterous. The idea that the Blue Jays would not be privy to DD's potential interest is pretty naive -- as I wrote earlier in the thread, there are many ways short of tampering of establishing interest. Williams leaking the information is a possibility. It is certainly not unheard of for two people potentially interested in the same job to talk to each other before declaring interest. I myself did that several years ago, before indicating interest in a senior management position I eventually got. I phoned the person at a different institution whom I figured was the other logical candidate for the job to gauge his interest, telling him if he were interested, I didn't want to complicate my life further by throwing my hat in the ring. But I still think the most logical source of the rumor is someone inside the BJ's "brain trust," such as it is.

From MASN one on one today with Dan:

Duquette didn't say much today about the Toronto Blue Jays' potential interest in him to be their CEO/president after reports surfaced yesterday.

Asked whether those reports will serve as a distraction as the Orioles try to do business here, Duquette replied, "Well, we've been working hard to staff the Oriole team for 2015 and that is where I'm putting all my time and energy. Again, we have a lot of the pieces here to be competitive again in '15 like we have been the last couple of years."

Well the MASN crew are some of the worst guys at giving guys any real questions. They should have gotten a real answer from him.

This doesn't seem like any sort of answer to calm the masses.

From MASN one on one today with Dan:

Duquette didn't say much today about the Toronto Blue Jays' potential interest in him to be their CEO/president after reports surfaced yesterday.

Asked whether those reports will serve as a distraction as the Orioles try to do business here, Duquette replied, "Well, we've been working hard to staff the Oriole team for 2015 and that is where I'm putting all my time and energy. Again, we have a lot of the pieces here to be competitive again in '15 like we have been the last couple of years."

Well the MASN crew are some of the worst guys at giving guys any real questions. They should have gotten a real answer from him.

This doesn't seem like any sort of answer to calm the masses.

Am I missing something? Didn't it come out today that TOR didn't actually have a vacancy to fill? Why would we be panicked? :confused:

Archived