Mlb.tv

TyCobb

I have been a user for 2 years now. I can renew my package for 120. They said that they increased the video stream quality and worked on the new mosaic. I will also get 150 spring training games. Should I do it?

It depends on your situation. Do you have any better options? I know I'm beating a dead horse with this, but if you have family/friends in the Baltimore area, you can get a slingbox for about the same amount of money and use it for all area programming (not just the Orioles) and it will last over multiple years.

It depends on your situation. Do you have any better options? I know I'm beating a dead horse with this, but if you have family/friends in the Baltimore area, you can get a slingbox for about the same amount of money and use it for all area programming (not just the Orioles) and it will last over multiple years.

Nope. I am at JMU now and will be until May. I get blackout on MLB.TV and don't get MASN, but I just proxy to get the games on MLB.TV. It just becomes a hassle to do it.

Now I will be able to watch Bedard in Seattle which may make me get it. Still haven't made up my mind yet. Got till the 31st of March to decide...I think.

I have been a user for 2 years now. I can renew my package for 120. They said that they increased the video stream quality and worked on the new mosaic. I will also get 150 spring training games. Should I do it?

I say go for it, $120 isn't to bad at all.

Can you explain what exactly a slingbox is and how it works? I've heard people talking about them alot on here and was just wondering exactly what it was. I've used mlb.tv the past two years here in Myrtle Beach and was just wondering what other options there are. Thanks.

Can you explain what exactly a slingbox is and how it works? I've heard people talking about them alot on here and was just wondering exactly what it was. I've used mlb.tv the past two years here in Myrtle Beach and was just wondering what other options there are. Thanks.

In a nutshell, it streams content from your cable box, tivo, etc. from home and lets you watch it on your laptop. Therefore, if you want to use it to watch the O's, Ravens, and Terps, you have to set it up in someone's house in the Baltimore area. If you don't have relatives/friends in the area who are willing to do this, then it won't work. My parents live in Howard County, so my slingbox is there and I watch from my laptop at college.

This thread is a good place to start for slingbox stuff, if you still have any other questions I can try to answer them or go to slingmedia.com This thing has basically saved my life, definitely my favorite invention of this century.

Archived