March 4th opener

duffaphonic

I'd recommend the Cock and Bull Pub or The World of Beer for a nice selection of drafts. The beer scene down there is a bit lacking in general however, that'll probably be the best you'll do. They both have about 40 taps and a large list of bottles. I had a good time at Siesta Key Oyster Bar but it's busy and loud and a younger crowd so you'd have to be into that. I like to party so Siesta Key is where I'm usually hanging out. I can't help you with a vegan place. I'm a meatatarian.

I second the Siesta Key nightlife, most stuff closes early around there.

For seafood dives we went to Walt's Fish House as a recommendation from the bartender at our hotel: http://www.waltsfishmarketrestaurant.com/

There is a Sports Bar on Tamiami Trail called Harry's Sports Bar. There is a large outdoor bar area and my husband is a big craft beer guy and liked it there. I don't remember what the food was like there. http://www.srqharrys.com/

Walt's Fish Market is a seafood dive. You can eat in or carry out. They have a tiki bar while you wait if you are eating there. It's loud, but fun!

Harry's Sports Bar has a large outdoor bar and some good happy hour specials. I don't remember the craft beer selection, but I remember being happy with the options.

Up in Bradenton, there is a brewery called Motor City Brewery. We went there after a game at the Pirates stadium last year. It's walking distance and right on the main street. They had JUST opened so they didn't have food, but there was a food truck there. Not sure if they have food now or not.

Lots of stuff closes early like Yoder's.

Siesta Key is fun, but agreed that its a younger (think college age) crowd at night.

I just got tix for the first time to see the Os in Sarasota. I'll be at the March 4th and 7th games . Are there any craft beer places, seafood dives, or vegan restaurants that any hangouters could recommend. Thanks ahead of time.

My wife and I will also be there. Can't help you with the beer stuff because we don't drink. Also can't help you out with the vegan places since I like beef to much.

But would love to meet you at the games. Also, what exactly does duffaphonic mean?

I just got tix for the first time to see the Os in Sarasota. I'll be at the March 4th and 7th games . Are there any craft beer places, seafood dives, or vegan restaurants that any hangouters could recommend. Thanks ahead of time.

JDubs Brewing Company opened right down the road from Ed Smith on 12th St. It is becoming a pretty popular destination, but still more of a local hangout not touristy. A food truck or two is usually parked there as well.

Big Top Brewing is another locally owned craft beer spot. Mandeville Beer Garden is getting ready to open up close to downtown. There is quite a bit going on downtown as well.

Archived