Henry Urrutia looking to help Orioles fill void in right field

PressBoxOnline

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Seems to have stagnated. Buck seems to like him, but .686 OPS at AAA is not going to get it done for a corner OF. Seems like he has been eclipsed by Alvarez as a prospect, and Reimold and Parmelee as MLB-ready guys.

Not sure how MLB ready Parmelee is, unless he has improved his defense.

Not sure how MLB ready Parmelee is, unless he has improved his defense.

Just like Jimmy P really....maybe better than Jimmy P so not sure that is 100% accurate. Now if he was ready, he would have gotten a Major League deal somewhere.

As for Henry...I think he has looked really good this year in Norfolk actually. He has been the second most consistent hitter behind Parmalee. I watch a bit of game son MILB.TV and I think he is worthy of a 40-man spot, at least for now.

I might have recalled him over Reimold quite honestly.

Just like Jimmy P really....maybe better than Jimmy P so not sure that is 100% accurate. Now if he was ready, he would have gotten a Major League deal somewhere.

As for Henry...I think he has looked really good this year in Norfolk actually. He has been the second most consistent hitter behind Parmalee. I watch a bit of game son MILB.TV and I think he is worthy of a 40-man spot, at least for now.

I might have recalled him over Reimold quite honestly.

I was with you, until this statement. Sorry, IMO, I would have gone with Reimold, he has played and done that in the majors, and I think if he keeps playing like he has, it can only be a good thing for the team.

Maybe Henry can come up with the Sept call ups.

Until then, I really don't think we will see him.

I was with you, until this statement. Sorry, IMO, I would have gone with Reimold, he has played and done that in the majors, and I think if he keeps playing like he has, it can only be a good thing for the team.

Maybe Henry can come up with the Sept call ups.

Until then, I really don't think we will see him.

Well-I just was worried Reimold didn't bring much defense and his power numbers weren't impressive. Henry's range is the issue in his fielding I believe.

Well-I just was worried Reimold didn't bring much defense and his power numbers weren't impressive. Henry's range is the issue in his fielding I believe.

Urrutia has 3 HRs and a .361 SLG this year. I don't see how he's an improvement over Reimold in either power or defense.

Urrutia has 3 HRs and a .361 SLG this year. I don't see how he's an improvement over Reimold in either power or defense.

He has been more consistent, but I don't think either is the answer. Good points.

Urrutia is left handed. The Orioles were looking for a right handed hitting outfielder since they had Snyder and Lough (and had just traded DeAza). That along with Reimold's previous major league experience gave him the edge.

Urrutia is left handed. The Orioles were looking for a right handed hitting outfielder since they had Snyder and Lough (and had just traded DeAza). That along with Reimold's previous major league experience gave him the edge.

True enough. That is probably the biggest reason right there.

I've always liked Henry from his work ethic and just all he had to go through to get to America. I know his story isn't unique among ball players (or immigrants in general), but you have to admire his drive. I think he won't make the bigs with the O's, just because of the amount of prospects and players we have. However, I could see him playing for another team if they have injuries or holes. Assuming of course that the O's dealt him.

I think Urrutia's opportunity will be next year following some roster turnover. He clearly won't solely be relied upon, but he'll probably in the mix with Reimold, Alvarez, and Parmelee for a spot on the team. I certainly wouldn't favor him in that competition given what we've seen thus far, but I think that will be his moment.

Archived