For What it's worth.....

Belkast

Okay, trade us Marmol or Pie, and we'll let you keep Ceda. Just kidding. :D

You know something, all along I've said I would be shocked to see Pie traded, but at this point who really knows. There was a lot of chatter on Chicago sports radio today about the Cubs getting Crisp from the Red Sox. I would like to think Crisp would be the 4th outfielder, but I am not sure after listening to WGN radio tonight.

I am a lot more comfortable saying the probability of Marmol being traded is as close to 0% as you can get.

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Because he has the best fastball in the Cubs system according to BA:

Because

Because

And Because

He might not have allowed any hits but it's because every hitter was scared to death and just waited for the at-bat to be over. Well, not really but pretty close. He had no competition at Peoria. That deadly fastball allowed no hits but 19 walks and a hit batter in that streak. No one can hit his fastball now but they will be able to make better contact as he moves up. Above all else he needs control he completely lacks right now and major workout/conditioning refining before his weight becomes any more of an issue.

Then leave!.........

And it was a very dumb comment as if you are comparing the 3 Marlins to the 3 Indians....Makes you look like pretty clueless. BTW, learn how to quote...Its not hard...Click the button that says...QUOTE!

Like this ? I was wondering how that was being done. Thanks for the tip!

I would much rather have Marte and Barfield than Cedeno, EPat and Murton....

That makes one of us.

Marte and Barfield have hit their ceilings and it ain't pretty.

I'd much rather have guys that at least have a chance of being better than the bottom of the barrel.

Isn't that a little greedy though. We already have Kake. Do we really need Pie too? :D

How many of us would get a major Jones if Pie and Kakes were in the outfield with the O's this year...I mean, great Scott! Who could ask for Moore? We might lose our share of games this year, but no one will leave in a Huff.

If Andy gets this deal done, we should all be Patton him on the back. And if Tex is available next year, Angelos will have enough free cash to be Bynum up. And if there are other quality free agents, maybe we will be signing Mora them next year.

But for now, it;s still going to be a long year...let's face it, its just Sar-fate!:D

The Radio reports say that the Orioles want 5 players:

Gallagher,

At least one of Cedeno and Patterson

Pie,

and more pitching (presumably at least one of Veal or Ceda, not a 40 man player).

The Cubs don't want Payton, but will get a 2nd player.

So, who could the Orioles give up in addition to Roberts that gets them that package? Reimold?

How many of us would get a major Jones if Pie and Kakes were in the outfield with the O's this year

I find myself excited by Jones & the dessert buffet, but also nervous that the value of Pie would be compromised by putting him in a corner, and that, depending on how he ends up grading out as a hitter, he might not be a good a solution for us.

But I drool over having something like a Brady, Finley and Deveraux redux. If that was our outfield, I'd move home plate back again, and remove the cener field wall in front of the sod garden and batters eye to increase the area of the outfield - you'd know it would hurt our defenders less than our opponents.

The Radio reports say that the Orioles want 5 players:

Gallagher,

At least one of Cedeno and Patterson

Pie,

and more pitching (presumably at least one of Veal or Ceda, not a 40 man player).

The Cubs don't want Payton, but will get a 2nd player.

So, who could the Orioles give up in addition to Roberts that gets them that package? Reimold?

Probably Reimold, Olson, Liz or Penn.

There is now doubt he needs to work on his control but common 66 K,s with 31bb,s in 46 innings and he is only 20 years old and by the way hitters batting 0.99 against him now thats a kid with a very high ceiling.The Orioles would drool to get this kid.Most young pitchers that throw hard usually struggle with there command.If hitters are affraid to hit against him he is a head of the game.

I don't understand the Ceda/Sherrill talk. Ceda is a very nice prospect, but to say the Os must include Sherrill to land Ceda is a bit of a reach, IMO. Sherrill has established himself as a quality reliever while Ceda is just getting to AA.

It's nice to hear some better prospect names in rumors - Veal, Ceda and Pie - though we've been assured some of these guys are probably untouchable.

Pie will not be in this deal.Jeff Z of the Sun said Am wants as many young arms in his system as he can get so when he feels they are ready to compete he could use his finances to go get the bats he feels he needs.That is the proper way of rebuilding a team quickly.Am does not like signing free agent pitchers because they are to much of a risk.

Bruce Miles has repeatedly said the Cubs aren't considering trading Pie, and he's always spot on with everything. BTW, Bruce said something about Jake Fox possibly going to an AL team sometime because he can flat out rake but can't catch (probably a 1st baseman), which leads me to wonder if you guys are considering him. I don't think Bruce was hinting at anything with Fox being discussed, but just in general since Fox doesn't fit with our club.

Archived