Orioles Pitching

schittenden

I wouldn't have believed it, because it certainly feels like our pitching has been battered early in the season, but the Orioles have allowed the fewest runs in the AL East. Compared to other divisions, we haven't done as well. Toronto and the Rays have one more game, but have given up 8 and 10 more runs, respectively. I just thought it was interesting that as bad as it has seemed, the other AL East teams have done worse.

I wouldn't have believed it, because it certainly feels like our pitching has been battered early in the season, but the Orioles have allowed the fewest runs in the AL East. Compared to other divisions, we haven't done as well. Toronto and the Rays have one more game, but have given up 8 and 10 more runs, respectively. I just thought it was interesting that as bad as it has seemed, the other AL East teams have done worse.
It's the beginning of the season, and many pitchers are just coming into their own. I have seen Baumgarner get roughed up more than once. But I expect that he will settle down. It's the nature of pitching.

My immediate reaction to the OP comments is, the AL East pitching simply isn't that good, so it's not surprising. Tampa is down 3/5 of their rotation, Stroman's out for the year in Toronto, and we know about New York and Boston. The bar to be the best is not that high.

My immediate reaction to the OP comments is, the AL East pitching simply isn't that good, so it's not surprising. Tampa is down 3/5 of their rotation, Stroman's out for the year in Toronto, and we know about New York and Boston. The bar to be the best is not that high.

I would not necessarily disagree. If we can maintain the best pitching in the division, it goes a long way toward winning the division.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived