The This Team IS Done, We are Dumb and Nothing can Fix it MEGA THREAD

MagicBird

Points at Art... ;)

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php/147115-Official-2015-Wins-Prediction-Poll?highlight=predictions+2015

But seriously, I think if more options had been added, you would have had several vote for mid to upper 90's. There's nothing wrong with people showing optimism in the off season.

HA! We need to go 105-30 the rest of the way.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HA! We need to go 105-30 the rest of the way.

That .700+ win percentage clip happens all the time I'm sure.

I can't say I have the same amount of confidence in this team that I normally do, but I do think there's still plenty of time to put it together if they can.

We've seen a LOT of the east, and I still think top to bottom the O's are the best. Especially with JJ replacing Cabrera.

But, they need Tillman and Norris to pick it up a bit. I'm fairly certain Tillman will. Not so certain about Norris.

Hoss, after competing against almost exclusively the East, we're in last place. How - exactly - are we the best in the East? I don't say this to sound flip, but really, after a month and a half of competition, everyone in our division has a better record than us. I don't see how your comment makes sense. Unless you mean over the long haul...

Can't say I blame you, hang in there though. They'll turn it around and you want to be watching when it happens. Hopefully it starts tomorrow!
Well, I took a break tonight. Raven Lardarius Webb organized a charity softball game at M&T stadium, Ravens offense vs Ravens defense. I went to watch it. Lots of fun! Offense won.

Hoss, after competing against almost exclusively the East, we're in last place. How - exactly - are we the best in the East? I don't say this to sound flip, but really, after a month and a half of competition, everyone in our division has a better record than us. I don't see how your comment makes sense. Unless you mean over the long haul...

Of course I mean over the long haul, hoss. That's all that matters. I do not very much care what the record looks like right now. I believe it was Billy Beane who said he doesn't even look at the standings until Memorial Day.

Top-to-bottom I think we have the strongest roster. Again, assuming Tillman and to a lesser extent Norris get their stuff together.

Way too much overreaction on the board right now, which I get. Baseball's a loooooooooong season.

Of course I mean over the long haul, hoss. That's all that matters. I do not very much care what the record looks like right now. I believe it was Billy Beane who said he doesn't even look at the standings until Memorial Day.

Top-to-bottom I think we have the strongest roster. Again, assuming Tillman and to a lesser extent Norris get their stuff together.

Way too much overreaction on the board right now, which I get. Baseball's a loooooooooong season.

It is a long season. The Os aren't playing baseball well, right now. Doesn't mean they can't turn it around. I just worry that they're relying on unreliable pieces to do so... As the saying goes, you can't win the pennant in the first month, but you sure can lose it... Here's to hoping for a better May and June...

It is a long season. The Os aren't playing baseball well, right now. Doesn't mean they can't turn it around. I just worry that they're relying on unreliable pieces to do so... As the saying goes, you can't win the pennant in the first month, but you sure can lose it... Here's to hoping for a better May and June...

I truly don't think they're playing all that poorly. Coming up on the wrong side of a lot of 1-run games. That will probably turn around eventually. Really the only team we've looked bad against is Toronto. (Well and the Mets I guess but that was only 2 games).

If this were just a matter of losing games it would be one thing. Like oh well it's a long season, we'll make some moves at the deadline and go on a run. But when your division rival is using the reliever,that you gave up a top 5 prospect for, to beat you it's a totally different anger. Everyone here knows we aren't a big spending team. But yet you sell the fans on the idea of resource allocation. Then let the most dominant reliever and HR hitter walk in one offseason, you have to take some warranted criticism. Bottomline is that we have alot of mediocre parts trying to fill the roles that two players could have filled at basically the same price. And for a team that doesn't have many longterm obligations it doesn't make sense to be in this position.

On a side note. Now Gausman is hurt. So our top 3 future pitching prospects all have serious injury questions right now. That's why when you're close and coming off making it to the ALCS you have to go for it. We easily could have gone for it and not mortgaged the future.

Our best lineup by a mile in my opinion is:

Machado 3b

Pearce LF

Jones CF

Davis 1B

Young DH

Snider RF

Schoop 2B

Hardy SS

Joseph C

That lineup - in whatever order you want to bat them - hasn't played 1 single game together this season so far.

Guys who can sub either offense or defense - Lough, Paredes, Weiters, Flaherty.

We haven't seen a day of that roster - most games not even close. If we can float near .500 and finally get healthy - I won't be suprised if we go on a tear at some point.

The same way every thread is about claiming player x or trading for player y. Except we actually had these players in our possesion. Being on pace for 78 HR's and 70 saves doesn't sound to shabby. Plus didn't weams start a thread about Choo's stats. Everyone loves roster discussion. I know I do.

But honestly I really want to know if any team has ever lost those two in the same offseason. I'm scouring BBref. Yes this my friday night. Thanks marriage.

Archived