The This Team IS Done, We are Dumb and Nothing can Fix it MEGA THREAD

MagicBird

I thought it was your week this week, CoC next week, and Quiksilver July 4th week. I'm not up again until 4th quarter. After all we rotate who brings the donuts each week, and it takes quite some time to cycle through all our members. That reminds me. I don't think the Moose Hall is going to hold us much longer. We probably need to think about the Civic Center instead.

Fine by me, I got a dollar off coupon in the mail today.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You used the Forbes data to state that you knew Peter Angelos was sleeping in piles of unmarked 100s. Other showed you how that data had no factual basis nor were the books open for you and your accountancy to check.

I don't think I proved anything. I stated s strong opinion and backed it up with research. Everyone else is entitled to their opinion and I do respect conflicting viewpoints. Having said that, I believe I'm right

I don't think I proved anything. I stated s strong opinion and backed it up with research. Everyone else is entitled to their opinion and I do respect conflicting viewpoints. Having said that, I believe I'm right

I was just joking about the Cheap. Proved. That's all.

I understand risk fine. Im not worried about WAR. I'm just a dumb POS that cares about W and L. Cruz helps us get wins this year. I'll worry about next year then. There's more to baseball then just figuring out new formulas to try to explain things. I just watch baseball.

If you want to give a guy who has missed most of his big league career with bum knees $100m, more power to you.

I think people who think about baseball are in a better position to make judgments about acquisitions and budgets than those who watch baseball and mock anyone who thinks too deeply about it. And the "most of his big league career with bum knees" is clearly hyperbolic nonsense..

Yet, you also said that you think we could spend more and wish we did.

Also, you never played ball and probably don't have a hot asian wife.

Playing ball, coaching ball is actually an advantage. I'm really tired of that being scoffed at and discounted. We can learn from each other but only if we respect each other.

Playing ball, coaching ball is actually an advantage. I'm really tired of that being scoffed at and discounted. We can learn from each other but only if we respect each other.

I agree. And leave the wives out of it.

Unlike you. I actually listen to guys who have knowledge in this area and learn from them: vatech, socalbirdfan. Tony, stotle, RZNJ come to mind and I'm sure others. No offense, but I haven't seen where you have provided much of anything in that area, or any other area related to baseball to be honest. I'm sure the feeling is mutual though. Just my opinion.

Unlike you. I actually listen to guys who have knowledge in this area and learn from them: vatech, socalbirdfan. Tony, stotle, RZNJ come to mind and I'm sure others. No offense, but I haven't seen where you have provided much of anything in that area, or any other area related to baseball to be honest. I'm sure the feeling is mutual though. Just my opinion.

Nice little clique, enjoy each others company

Nice little clique, enjoy each others company

Don't have a clique. I'll listen to anybody that knows what they're talking about. Their work tends to speak for itself ... like yours does. They don't need to recite their resumes either.

Archived