HHP: MASN/Nats/Orioles case (Inside the Courtroom)

Frobby

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For me, I like the owners like Mark Cuban, they made their wealth and their sports club ownership, is their hobby, their love and they don't dictate decision necessary on the ledger accounting sheet, like you would a normal business.

Again, look at the Mavs.

Worth 1,115 Million.

168 Million in Revenue

13 Million was their profit

Truly, if this was operated as a true business, you would see a higher profit margin.

Mark Cuban runs the mavs like a business like every other owner does. there was a few years ago when Steve Nash was a free agent and Cuban wanted Nash back but didn't want to pay the money Nash was gonna get. I live outside of Dallas and Cubans been on the radio saying he runs the mavs to make money. He wants to win but he also doesn't want to lose money every year.

Mark Cuban runs the mavs like a business like every other owner does. there was a few years ago when Steve Nash was a free agent and Cuban wanted Nash back but didn't want to pay the money Nash was gonna get. I live outside of Dallas and Cubans been on the radio saying he runs the mavs to make money. He wants to win but he also doesn't want to lose money every year.

Of course. You don't usually become a billionaire by buying into a company worth many hundreds of $millions knowing that you're going to lose money every year because, you know, it's fun and it make fans happy!

Archived