vs. RED SOX, 6/09

OFFNY

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Getting calls right is hurting the game? Tell that to every Orioles fan after the Jeffrey Maier incident in 1996. I think we all would've welcomed the scourge of instant replay.

You think that play would have been overturned?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As opposed to the exterior of the glove? Try catching a ball on that side of the mitt :D

Maybe since it is all now visual replay, they will require a two tone glove with the "interior" clearly delineated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Getting calls right is hurting the game? Tell that to every Orioles fan after the Jeffrey Maier incident in 1996. I think we all would've welcomed the scourge of instant replay.

Are you watching the same games that I am?

If you can't get the call right on darn near EVERY replay, then what are we really doing?

We're slowing down the game so that a different set of umpires can make an equally imperfect judgement call on the same play.

And I'm not confident AT ALL that, given today's replay system, the replay center in NY would have the guts to take that home run away from Jeter in such a moment of magnitude. There's no way you can be confident in that given what we've seen. It's still all very arbitrary it seems.

Useless.

Umm, no, Roch

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Gotta admit, there's a small, small piece of me that wanted call upheld just to see Buck's reaction</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

">June 10, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

So I ask... who REALLY thinks baseball is better off now that we have replay?

I say no way. If you aren't getting the call right 100% of the time, then replay is hurting. Not only was the game just needlessly delayed for 5 minutes, but because of the replay, the call was erroneously reversed, having an impact on the outcome of the game.

They get the call wrong on replays FAR too often. Get rid of it forever.

Me.

95% of the time. Rights former wrongs.

Archived