Andrew Miller DL'd with Forearm Strain

weams

That would suck for sure.

If you promote everybody up, then you have an entire team of 25 AAA playing and why brother, it would be a blood bath.

Other sports leagues exist with teams that win 20 or 25% of the time. Maybe most other leagues. A good AAA team, if promoted to the majors, would win 30-some games. Give or take. The world didn't end when the 2003 Tigers went 43-119.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Other sports leagues exist with teams that win 20 or 25% of the time. Maybe most other leagues. A good AAA team, if promoted to the majors, would win 30-some games. Give or take. The world didn't end when the 2003 Tigers went 43-119.

But, then you ask your season ticket holders and your fan base to support the team by the same dollar amount for a less product?

Thankfully, the issue hasn't come up and they havent had to use the disaster draft.

But, then you ask your season ticket holders and your fan base to support the team by the same dollar amount for a less product?

Thankfully, the issue hasn't come up and they havent had to use the disaster draft.

I think you would probably see a huge groundswell of support for the team that was struck down by fate and their plucky replacements. And if we're talking Yanks or Sox and their newfound $13M payroll, they would pick up a fair number of expensive players from non-contenders during the year. Then in the offseason, with $250M in available annual budget, would buy all the free agents. Their support might actually go up, and we'd have to live with generations of ESPN specials on the heartbreak and resurgence of the tragic martyred Yankees.

So the "told ya so" crowd gets upset when it falls into the other side?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I thought Weams told us we should not be pinning one group against another?

Is it possible that nobody really falls into a group?

Well yea but I am never hAppy when a player is injured.

I'm very unhappy for the player personally, but as a fan of a rival team, I am happy that it's them and not us who has to deal with the problem. Especially when it's a highly paid free agent.

True. It was just easier to write that to get the point across when I posting.

I just laugh at the posters that were calling the Orioles cheap for not resigning him and not listening to reason about red flags that existed. And this happens and now all of a sudden it is it is a different story they are telling and it still doesn't involve listening to logic

Of course on the flip side if he were on the Orioles he likely wouldn't have been relied on so heavy and wouldn't have been ridden into the ground. Many people saw this coming with the way he was being used by the Yankees.

I think you would probably see a huge groundswell of support for the team that was struck down by fate and their plucky replacements. And if we're talking Yanks or Sox and their newfound $13M payroll, they would pick up a fair number of expensive players from non-contenders during the year. Then in the offseason, with $250M in available annual budget, would buy all the free agents. Their support might actually go up, and we'd have to live with generations of ESPN specials on the heartbreak and resurgence of the tragic martyred Yankees.

Fallen heroes

All in a row

Pinstriped caskets

Say it ain't so

I prefer that we just all be Orioles fans. And not any group. If I see folks just coming and stirring up trouble when things go badly, I assume that those folks have identified themselves to me. For instance, I know you. I know your motivations. You are here good and bad. You poke the bear. But when I ask you to stop you do. As a site supporter, that groups you as one who I will talk with in PM should I sense trouble brewing.

True. It was just easier to write that to get the point across when I posting.

I just laugh at the posters that were calling the Orioles cheap for not resigning him and not listening to reason about red flags that existed. And this happens and now all of a sudden it is it is a different story they are telling and it still doesn't involve listening to logic

Of course on the flip side if he were on the Orioles he likely wouldn't have been relied on so heavy and wouldn't have been ridden into the ground. Many people saw this coming with the way he was being used by the Yankees.

How is he that much more overworked than Britton. 26.1 IP to 24.2 IP.

I'm very unhappy for the player personally, but as a fan of a rival team, I am happy that it's them and not us who has to deal with the problem. Especially when it's a highly paid free agent.

And when these thing happen. Again. And Again. And again. It self polices the wild spending in the game a bit. And makes it possible for a mid to small market team to retain it's homegrown players. Should they choose to.

I mean, if FA salaries were 100 million more across the board, we would never have been able to sign Nick the first time or Adam to his pre FA extension.

Rule 29 covers the event of an MLB team disaster. It's a pretty interesting rule - quoting from wikipedia

Major League Baseball's disaster plan is covered in Rule 29 of its official rules.[2] The plan is triggered by an event causing the death, dismemberment, or permanent disability of at least five players from a team's active, disabled, or suspended roster during a season (including the playoffs), or at least six players during the off-season. Major League Baseball's commissioner will decide if the disabled club can continue play, in consultation with the MLB Players' Association and the club.

If the commissioner decides that the disabled club will continue to play, the commissioner may hold a Restocking Draft to allow the disabled club to select as many players as it lost, with the restriction that no more than one player can be selected from each team. Each of the non-disabled teams makes five players available for the draft taken from its active list (or if during the off-season, from its reserve list), composed of one pitcher, one catcher, one outfielder, one infielder, and one more player of any position, subject to adjustments by the commissioner based on the players lost by the disabled club. If a team has fewer than three eligible catchers, it does not have to provide a catcher to the draft. The non-disabled teams also are required to make available as many players with 60 or more days of Major League service time as of 31 August of the season preceding such draft as the number of such players lost by the disabled team.[3] Any player with no-trade rights with regards to the disabled team may not be made available unless the player waives the right.

If the commissioner decides that the disabled club cannot continue play, the commissioner will cancel the disabled club's season.

The commissioner and Players' Association can also agree upon other appropriate relief for a disabled club.

I prefer that we just all be Orioles fans. And not any group. If I see folks just coming and stirring up trouble when things go badly, I assume that those folks have identified themselves to me. For instance, I know you. I know your motivations. You are here good and bad. You poke the bear. But when I ask you to stop you do. As a site supporter, that groups you as one who I will talk with in PM should I sense trouble brewing.

That's something like beauty contestants and "world peace".

Unfortunately, here in Oriole Hangout, not all are actual fans of the team. :(

Thank you sir. That means a lot. I appreciate your post here. Class act as always sir.

I think my biggest thing for me is fairness and anti-bullying. I don't like to see anyone get bullied regardless if there point is dumb or not. Just want to have a fair playing field so to speak.

Archived