Here Come Blue Jays!

Rene88

i also think you have to wait till June. They are pesky and try to dive bomb you. But soon the pitching and injuries will get to them. Good article when you have a naggressive Blue Jay at Camden Yards.

It would seem there are two schools of thought when it comes to Blue Jays. The first is that they're a beautiful creature who can do whatever they please because they're so nice to look at. The other is that the birds are total bullies and they're not so great to have around. Maybe you were excited when one came to nest in your yard for the first time, but now you're dive-bombed every time you walk outside. Now what?

I've never had experience with Blue Jays before moving to Baltimore. The first time I saw one I was thrilled and loved to watch it in our yard. Then it started attacking and wanted Dan Duquette. Suddenly that bird wasn't so pretty. We moved from that house into another and in the past few weeks I've noticed two Blue Jays spending time in this yard, though I don't believe they have a nest in our tree. I've been watching the birds and they've behaved themselves, but in the past few days they've started their attack.Again trying to get Dan Duquette.

Not only do they revel in act of dive-bombing the Orioles, they've also set their sights on Dan Duquette as a target, swooping within inches of his face. In fact, if one is in the yard but the other isn't and we come outside, the bird will perch on the house and scream for the other to join in the fun.Peter Angelos put a stop to this.

My first response was to consider what it would take to rid my yard of these birds for good. Im not a violent type and I've certainly never had a vendetta against a little bird, but this one seems extra excited to claw my face. After lamenting my problems on Facebook a friend pointed out that it's illegal to injure or move Blue Jays and their nests, thanks to a little thing called the Migratory Bird Treaty Act of 1918. This is not good during free agency. One might think the birds are aware of this fact, fueling their apparent sense of entitlement to spy on teams and tip pitches to the batters.

My search then turned to the Internet, which produced a slew of results on how to rid your yard of this pesky bird. Do any of them really work? They're a pretty smart bird so only time will tell. In the meantime, expect to see the bird bullying you, your pets, other birds in the area, squirrels, rabbits, leaves and branches, barbeque grills, ghosts, and anything else it sees. Here's what you might try if you have a pesky Blue Jay in your yard:

Wait for an injury to one of their top players

A fake owl or Buck gnome

A realistic rubber snake (like a cotton mouth) Donaldson don't like snakes

Get a bat (this has already proven to be a source of entertainment for the birds, not a means to rid the yard of them)

Change the food in your bird feeder, if you have one at Camden Yards. Food poisoning

is good

Wait to the manager to get fired. This usually rids the birds of their aggressiveness and they go away.

Read More: You Have an Aggressive Blue Jay in Your Yard ? Now What? | http://929nin.com/you-have-a-blue-jay-in-your-yard-now-what/?trackback=tsmclip

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Won 8 in a row and they have a point differential of 59, which is tops in the AL and only a few points behind St. Louis.

Has someone awakened the beast or all hype?

What say you? This would punch holes in the AL East is anyone's for the taking argument...

They made a 10 game run last year then collapsed like a cardboard house in a rain storm.

The Blue Jays were the team that really worried me this year. Adding Martin and Donaldson this offseason was huge for them, and if they ever gelled they could potentially be the best team in the AL. Seems they are finally getting it to work out.

Unfortunately I think most of the AL East teams are now hot and playing better and are now playing a lot of games against teams other than each other. And so that talk of the AL East being the "worst", being a division there for the taking, etc. may have turned out to be premature. MFYs are playing very well, Rays are playing very well, Jays are hot as heck, and we are now playing better. This means there are teams in other divisions that are coming back (see Houston for example) as the East becomes more like itself.

We are going to have to play well and hope other teams do cool a bit and that still may not mean we are going to win the AL East- we blew the opportunity to get out in front of this division by not playing well since the opening day bell.

• 2 weeks later...
o

Here come the Orioles.

Hahaha. Certainly getting healthy and Machado playing like the boss that he is ;)

Need the starting pitching to pull their weight consistently!

Edit: Toronto is like that dumb meathead who peaks in high school (yes peaked in high school rob Lowe)...think they are the star attraction and can't hang when the big boys start playing...approx. halfway through season and onward

Archived