Bullpen Without Matusz

Oriolesfan4life

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Come to think of it, is it just coincidence that our 5 of 6 stretch has come at the same time as Matusz serving his suspension? I THINK NOT. I just the bullpen, the whole team has performed better. Even Bud. Can't explain the causation but the correlation is clear.

McFarland is much more of a long guy/middle reliever than a situational lefty. Although his slider has improved, I'm not sure it's there yet for that role. I'm pretty much a TJ fan and not so much of a Matusz supporter.

I think we hold similar views.

Come to think of it, is it just coincidence that our 5 of 6 stretch has come at the same time as Matusz serving his suspension? I THINK NOT. I just the bullpen, the whole team has performed better. Even Bud. Can't explain the causation but the correlation is clear.
Maybe it's the return of Matt Wieters. Everything has gotten better since he has gotten back.

Or was it De Aza. Or both of them. Was there a negative synergy between them that was holding us back from the greatness we all know we deserve?

His initials aren't BM for nothing.

Sounds like Matusz brings some bad chemistry to me.

I think he's responsible for the bad-tasting hot dogs at OPACY.

Our bullpen has performed well, with or without Matusz, for the last two months. There hasn't been some big change in the past five games.

I think he's responsible for the bad-tasting hot dogs at OPACY.

Our bullpen has performed well, with or without Matusz, for the last two months. There hasn't been some big change in the past five games.

You do realize I was kidding right?

I believe Matt has had a very positive impact.

I was going to post something similar. I was thinking about last year, after he was done for the year, you still saw him in the dugout. Standing with Buck, chatting with the team, definitely seemed like a cheerleader/another coach. Then this year, he's doing his rehab assignment and gone from the team, and we really struggled. Now that he's back, we have hopefully turned the corner. I think the correlation has more to do with him than with Matusz...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:agree::beerchug1:

And yet sadly, when Brian returns somebody has to go. :down:

No. Brian lost us a 25 man spot while he was gone. He just fills his own punishment spot. Do you remember how I reacted to Chris Davis getting busted last year?

Archived