Mock draft from mymlbdraft.com

I'd be ecstatic if we could snag Beckham at #4.

So would I! But every mock draft I've seen I can only take with a grain of salt, whatever that means. It's possible that things shake out that way and Beckham falls to us, but I wouldn't necessarily put this site's prediction as proof that it's likely to happen. They have Crow going 8th overall. Do you really think he's going to go that late? I don't. Maybe he goes higher but doesn't change mymlbdraft.com's prediction for the first 4 spots. If Smoak stays hot and leads the league in HR's it would help a lot.

yeah, that would be HOSMER

At least with the Bat. They also have Alonso going to a national league team, and from what I read , he's a DH and nothing else, so between that pick and crow going 8th, perhaps they haven't updated in awhile.

I'm just glad we're looked at as taking another college player #1 this year- I hate the idea of grabbing a high school player unless he's the next A-Rod and ready to play in two years.

I think there's a mistake. Tim Beckham is a high school SS and he is the most highly regarded of the two. Gordan Beckham is the other and he is the college SS, but considered a bottom half of the 1st round prospect, not the #4 pick.

I think there's a mistake. Tim Beckham is a high school SS and he is the most highly regarded of the two. Gordan Beckham is the other and he is the college SS, but considered a bottom half of the 1st round prospect, not the #4 pick.

Def a mistake. I have been really confused by this draft since I saw it. Tim is a high school SS. Kind of makes you not want to take this draft serious. There is a really good mock draft at this site. It is Greg Pappas's site. Really good info. Go to http://www.mlb-draft.com/ and look at his mock. Much Better!

Archived