Tanner Scott

Flacco Machado

With injuries to Bundy and Harvey, trades of Rodriguez, Hader, and Davies, and a promotion of Gausman, I think it's safe to say our farm system is depleted on the pitching side. That said, one guy that has caught my attention is, LHP Tanner Scott.

He was recently promoted to Delmarva after putting up some nice numbers at Aberdeen. Putting up higher strikeouts than innings pitched is always a good sign. I know from what I've read, the organization worked hard with him refining his mechanics and it seems to be paying off now. My question for our resident scouts is, does he have the potential to become a top starting pitching prospect or is his future as a shut down reliever? He seems to pitch 2 to 3 innings every time out, like the organization is trying to slowly stretch him out. 6'3" 220 lbs. Throws 93-95. Left-handed. How great would it be for him to become a top prospect?! Thanks in advance for any comments.

With injuries to Bundy and Harvey, trades of Rodriguez, Hader, and Davies, and a promotion of Gausman, I think it's safe to say our farm system is depleted on the pitching side. That said, one guy that has caught my attention is, LHP Tanner Scott.

He was recently promoted to Delmarva after putting up some nice numbers at Aberdeen. Putting up higher strikeouts than innings pitched is always a good sign. I know from what I've read, the organization worked hard with him refining his mechanics and it seems to be paying off now. My question for our resident scouts is, does he have the potential to become a top starting pitching prospect or is his future as a shut down reliever? He seems to pitch 2 to 3 innings every time out, like the organization is trying to slowly stretch him out. 6'3" 220 lbs. Throws 93-95. Left-handed. How great would it be for him to become a top prospect?! Thanks in advance for any comments.

Am I recalling correctly that he touched 100 a few times last year?

Am I recalling correctly that he touched 100 a few times last year?

This year as well at Aberdeen. He's got a top prospect arm no doubt, and his command has improve this year a bit, but still remains a concern. The Orioles seem to be treating him with kid gloves innings wise so perhaps there's effort in that delivery and they are thinking reliever. I'm hoping to see him before the summer is out but it would help if they would stick him in the rotation and keep him there.

This video is from 2012. I'm definitely not a scout, so I don't know if his mechanics are good or bad.

He wasn't throwing anywhere near 100 in 2012, if I remember correctly. Really no point in evaluating him off video that old. His arm speed certainly isn't anywhere near where I've heard it is now.

Archived