Schedule Release/Official 2015-2016 Season Prediction Thread

Danielos38

Concerning MD, I didn't chime into this thread with my own prediction because I wasn't enjoying this thread... but I would've picked them to lose to Georgetown and UNC, and have a couple closer than expected calls before losing @ Wisconsin and falling near the bottom of the Top 20... then improving and playing their way back up to maybe an NCAA #2-seed with 5 or 6 losses. I figured everyone would be saying "what's wrong" and then they'd be fine.

Of course after Georgetown lost their first game, it would've been more surprising to lose to them. And Wisconsin doesn't look too good, but some other Big Ten teams do. We'll see.

And this was largely my point. As this year, I wouldn't have been surprised to see this course apply to any team. That the, "maybe they aren't as good as we thought they were" question be asked, because people are use to seeing a ranking next to the name and expect a certain level of success on the season. But that level of success maybe shouldn't be assumed because the teams aren't as good as one might expect in past years. And so if MD doesn't follow that course, and only ends up with 5 losses (which is usually a discussion for a number one seed), you take that all day. And then from there the conversation spiraled to this.

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived