As much as I cherish minor league championships as a feather in the organization's cap, Hess' 2nd consecutive lights-out game is more important to me ...... even in a thread about the Baysox winning the pennant.

To me, the only reason this thread is in the major league forum is because the Baysox are in the playoffs. Otherwise, there's a minor league forum and plenty of threads there about Hess. Not that I'm disinterested in his performance, since I agree with you that the progress of our prospects is ultimately more important than how the Baysox fare in the playoffs. But I at least want to know who won the game.....

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.milb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20150919&content_id=150442158&fext=.jsp&vkey=news_milb&sid=milb

"Hess often used his 95 mph fastball and followed it with a big overhand curveball that floated in at 72. He also repeatedly used a nasty slider and changeup to throw off the timing of the Fightin Phils, especially when behind in the count."

Is Miranda starting the game tonight?

To me, the only reason this thread is in the major league forum is because the Baysox are in the playoffs. Otherwise, there's a minor league forum and plenty of threads there about Hess. Not that I'm disinterested in his performance, since I agree with you that the progress of our prospects is ultimately more important than how the Baysox fare in the playoffs. But I at least want to know who won the game.....

OK. Sorry. May bad.

o

Gunkel's 3rd outing of the post season was his best, albeit only 4 innings.

1st POSTSEASON OUTING: .Horrible

2nd POSTSEASON OUTING: .Serviceable

3rd POSTSEASON OUTING: .Good

OOOOOOOO *** PLAYOFF GAME ***

12 OUTS: 4 Groundouts, 3 Strikeouts, 2 Foulouts, 2 Popouts, 1 Lineout

J.D. GUNKEL O(vs. AA-Reading, 9/15)

IP:. 4

H:;; 5 l(1 Home Run, 2 Doubles, 2 Singles)

R:l) 1

BB: 1

SO: 3

Pitches: 72 (45 Strikes, 27 Balls)

PITCHES BY INNING

15 (91 Strikes, 61 Balls)

17 (12 Strikes, 51 Balls)

26 (15 Strikes, 11 Balls)

14 (91 Strikes, 51 Balls)

o

Gunkel's 3rd outing of the post season was his best, albeit only 4 innings.

1st POSTSEASON OUTING: .Horrible

2nd POSTSEASON OUTING: .Serviceable

3rd POSTSEASON OUTING: .Good

12 OUTS: 4 Groundouts, 3 Strikeouts, 2 Foulouts, 2 Popouts, 1 Lineout

J.D. GUNKEL O(vs. AA-Reading, 9/15)

H:;; 5 l(1 Home Run, 2 Doubles, 2 Singles)

BB: 1

SO: 3

Pitches: 72 (45 Strikes, 27 Balls)

PITCHES BY INNING

15 (91 Strikes, 61 Balls)

17 (12 Strikes, 51 Balls)

26 (15 Strikes, 11 Balls)

14 (91 Strikes, 51 Balls)

o

OOooooooooooo AA - BOWIE BAYSOX

****** 2015 EASTERN LEAGUE CHAMPIONS ******

o

OOooooooooooo AA - BOWIE BAYSOX

****** 2015 EASTERN LEAGUE CHAMPIONS ******

On only 2 days' rest, Nick Additon came out of the bullpen to pitch 4 innings of 1-run ball to claim the W, and give the AA-Baysox their first Eastern League Championship in franchise history (1993-Present.)

12 OUTS: 4 Strikeouts, 3 Groundouts, 3 Flyouts, 2 Popouts

NICHOLAS SCOTT ADDITON O(vs. AA-Reading, 9/19)

H:;; 1 l(1 Home Run)

BB: 0

SO: 4

Pitches: 50 (36 Strikes, 14 Balls)

PITCHES BY INNING

91 (81 Strikes, 1 Balls)

14 (10 Strikes, 4 Balls)

12 (91 Strikes, 3 Balls)

15 (91 Strikes, 6 Balls)

o

On only 2 days' rest, Nick Additon came out of the bullpen to pitch 4 innings of 1-run ball to claim the W, and give the AA-Baysox their first Eastern League Championship in franchise history (1993-Present.)

PITCHES BY INNING

91 (81 Strikes, 1 Balls)

14 (10 Strikes, 4 Balls)

12 (91 Strikes, 3 Balls)

15 (91 Strikes, 6 Balls)

o

Now that is clutch. Giving Addition a call up would be a nice reward.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

PITCHES BY INNING

91 (81 Strikes, 1 Balls)

14 (10 Strikes, 4 Balls)

12 (91 Strikes, 3 Balls)

15 (91 Strikes, 6 Balls)

o

Now that is clutch. Giving Addition a call up would be a nice reward.

Yep (even though he is not currently on the Orioles' 40-man roster.)

While our young prospect (Joe Gunkel) lost both postseason games that he started before last night, our veteran journeyman (Addition) WON both postseason games that he started before last night ...... and was stellar in the process.

Reward the career minor league for his MVP performance in BOTH of Bowie's 2015 postseason series with a call up to the majors, and (at the very least) a place in the Baseball Encyclopedia forever.

Yep (even though he is not currently on the Orioles' 40-man roster.)

While our young prospect (Joe Gunkel) lost both postseason games that he started before last night, our veteran journeyman (Addition) WON both postseason games that he started before last night ...... and was stellar in the process.

Reward the career minor league for his MVP performance in BOTH of Bowie's 2015 postseason series with a call up to the majors, and (at the very least) a place in the Baseball Encyclopedia forever.

While its a nice sentiment, it isn't very practical, unless the 40-man roster isn't full right now.

Watching the MASN broadcast, a few minutes ago they congratulated the Baysox on being "the champions of the Western Division of the Eastern League". Uh, hello, MASN, don't you know that Bowie won the entire Eastern League about a week ago? That was bush league.

Watching the MASN broadcast, a few minutes ago they congratulated the Baysox on being "the champions of the Western Division of the Eastern League". Uh, hello, MASN, don't you know that Bowie won the entire Eastern League about a week ago? That was bush league.

Well, the network will disappear after the Nats win the court case. MASN will be bankrupted next reset.

Archived