2015 ALDS: Astros vs. Royals

OFFNY

I have to pull for Toronto....no way Texas can knock out the Royals. Rangers aren't even good....especially without Beltre.

It will be a Toronto-KC ALCS. The odds are at around 90-1 right now. It will be a fun series, expect a lot of fireworks, with and without the ball in play. However, these are the two least likable teams in baseball. There is no way you can root for one or the other. It will be very strange to watch.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It will be a Toronto-KC ALCS. The odds are at around 90-1 right now. It will be a fun series, expect a lot of fireworks, with and without the ball in play. However, these are the two least likable teams in baseball. There is no way you can root for one or the other. It will be very strange to watch.

For this very reason, I'm for the Cubs overall in this postseason. I'd be ok with the Astros winning it all, too.

o

(GAME FIVE)

HOUSTON ASTROS

Jose Altuve - 2B

Jerry Springer - RF

Carlos Correa - SS

Colby Rasmus - LF

Carlos Gomez - CF

Evan Gattis - DH

Luis Valbuena - 3B

Chris Carter - 1B

Jason Castro - C

Collin Alexander McHugh - RHP (19-7, 3.89 ERA)

KANSAS CITY ROYALS

Alcides Escobar - SS

Benny Zobrist - 2B

Lorenzo Cain - CF

Eric Hosmer - 1B

Kendrys Morales - DH

Mike Moustakas - 3B

Salvador Perez - C

Alex Gordon - LF

Alex Rios - RF

Johnny Brent Cueto Ortiz - RHP (11-13, 3.44) *

* (7-6, 2.62 ERA) O[CINCINNATI REDS] OOO (4-7, 4.76 ERA) O[KANSAS CITY ROYALS]

http://www.baseballpress.com/lineups

I like the Astros radio team (Rob Ford and Steve Sparks). Sparks in particular brings some insight.

Listening to them now. I like 'em. I've been outdoors for lots of these games and I've liked their calls.

I know I'm hard of hearing, but TBS announcers for the NLDS are so bland, I can hardly make out what they're saying half the time. The TV version of the 3-way conversational style does not work for these kinds of events the way they mic 'em. And the crowd noise is mixed so high that if I do boost the TV volume (through our stereo), it sounds like a sports bar in here and the girls can't sleep. I know it's a lot of trouble, but the radio broadcast sync it with the DVR, while often tricky and aggravating procedure, is the way to go..

o

What a game for Johnny Brent Cueto Ortiz.

He faced 26 batters, and got 24 of them out.

8 innings.

0 walks.

8 strikeouts.

A better than 2-to-1 ratio of strikes-to-balls: ) 91 (62 Strikes, 29 Balls.)

He allowed an infield single and a 2-run home run, and nothing else.

Archived