The Davis solution - Byung-ho Park

Roll Tide

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">For the KANG(k+) model, Byung-ho Park would have needed a 2015 KBO line of 391/479/816 to project as an average MLB 1B.</p>— Camden Depot (@CamdenDepot) <a href="

">November 9, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
<iframe title="Twitter Tweet" class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" id="twitter-widget-0" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" style="padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 100%; height: 183.26px; margin-top: 10px; margin-bottom: 10px; display: block; visibility: visible; position: static; min-width: 220px; max-width: 500px;" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" data-tweet-id="663726949576146944"></iframe>

<script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8" async=""></script>

Isn't that implying that Kang overachieved last year? Because he had a .816 OPS last year, which is about .050 points above the median MLB 1B. That seems to be saying a 1.295 OPS in Korea is the rough equivalent of a .768 in the majors. Kang's last year in Korea certainly wasn't a (.816 *1.68) = 1.376 OPS, it was 1.198.

Why not? The Twins signed Mauer to an 8/184 deal. They could choose to sign someone to a 3/30 equivalent contract if they wish to.

Mauer was a known player with credentials that could play at the major league level.

He had a 7.8 WAR, MVP in 2009 and a 3 time AS, with 3 GG and 3 SS.

Mauer was a known player with credentials that could play at the major league level.

He had a 7.8 WAR, MVP in 2009 and a 3 time AS, with 3 GG and 3 SS.

They also handed Santana 4/55 and Hughes 5/58. They have a reasonable payroll of 75 million or so right now for next season, no reason to think they could not be players for Park.

I know Orioles fans tend to think that deals that involve 40ish million total are a big deal but the economic baseball standards of today, its just another contract.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Source: Minnesota Twins won rights to Byung-Ho Park with $12.85 million posting bid.</p>— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) <a href="

">November 9, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Brewers, Reds, Cubs, and Twins

Or someone lied.

Doesn't make sense for the Cubs. No DH, and they have Rizzo.

Brewers are clearing Lohse ($11M) and sitting at $65M, but they did exercise their option on Lind.

Twins are at 95M and already have Sano/Plouffe/Mauer between 1B/3B/DH.

Reds are at 101M and they have Votto.

I am going to guess Brewers.

Doesn't make sense for the Cubs. No DH, and they have Rizzo.

Brewers are clearing Lohse ($11M) and sitting at $65M, but they did exercise their option on Lind.

Twins are at 95M and already have Sano/Plouffe/Mauer between 1B/3B/DH.

Reds are at 101M and they have Votto.

I am going to guess Brewers.

It was Twins.

They also handed Santana 4/55 and Hughes 5/58. They have a reasonable payroll of 75 million or so right now for next season, no reason to think they could not be players for Park.

I know Orioles fans tend to think that deals that involve 40ish million total are a big deal but the economic baseball standards of today, its just another contract.

Again, both players had played at the big league level.

Again, both players had played at the big league level.

Given the success of Kang, Park looks like a reasonable gamble that could produce beyond the money spent.

Honestly I think it will be harder for Park's production to translate to a MLB starting 1B thannit was for Kang just because the level of production baseline is higher at 1B. If the O's had won I would hope for the best, the guy may turn out to be pretty good and really the money is not all that much by todays standards.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Given the success of Kang, Park looks like a reasonable gamble that could produce beyond the money spent.

Honestly I think it will be harder for Park's production to translate to a MLB starting 1B thannit was for Kang just because the level of production baseline is higher at 1B. If the O's had won I would hope for the best, the guy may turn out to be pretty good and really the money is not all that much by todays standards.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I think it was more of a reasonable gamble with the posting bid was half what it was, and what most thought the winning bid would fall.

Archived