Get to know Yovani Gallardo

weams

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think the reputation is fine. I think the O's are at a real disadvantage when it comes to signing free agent pitchers because of the physicals.

I don't blame the O's for holding pitchers to a high standard but I do think it has an impact.

The Orioles' doctors were right about Balfour, and they were right about Gallardo.

If the O's physicals hurt them in signing pitchers, it will mostly hurt them with pitchers who have something to hide medically. We don't want to sign those pitchers anyway.

Gallardo is going to be out several months if not the whole season. I am calling it folks. I am going to Minnesota in May and I don't want to see him get bombed. I may have dodged a bullet :)
Is Tim Lincecum still available? My sources say that he is and wants a chance to be a starter.

They had too by that point. It wasn't the ugliest girl at the bar and the bar was closing. Didn't help once again that the talentless horse jockey was once again busting balls with very little fact. Rosenthal won't apologize for his hit peice or admit being wrong 90% of the time but his dribble still hold sway in the MLB. As long as he has a hard on in screwing the Orioles every chance he has Orioles will be put in a corner and make some stupid choices.

Who cares what Rosenthal or most any sports writer thinks. A sports writer is just a guy who can't teach gym.

The Orioles' doctors were right about Balfour, and they were right about Gallardo.

If the O's physicals hurt them in signing pitchers, it will mostly hurt them with pitchers who have something to hide medically. We don't want to sign those pitchers anyway.

First off every pitcher has something going on physically.

If you are a pitcher and have multiple suitors why would you pick Baltimore, even if you think your good? Why accept the extra risk the Baltimore's docs will find something that the team will then leak?

Just saw this story. Yea it's hard to be encouraged when the orthopedist says that the new MRI looks identical to the one taken in the offseason.

I try hard not to be a doom and gloom guy but it's possible the O's really screwed up bad by signing this guy. Hopefully there's some improvement in a month or so.

Just saw this story. Yea it's hard to be encouraged when the orthopedist says that the new MRI looks identical to the one taken in the offseason.

I try hard not to be a doom and gloom guy but it's possible the O's really screwed up bad by signing this guy. Hopefully there's some improvement in a month or so.

Yeah, it's a really bad sign when everything looks the same. Especially when the doctors originally had issues from the beginning. Think the O's really screwed up w/ Gallardo. Best case scenario is a cortisone injection and rest give him velocity and his health back. But that is incredibly doubtful. More likely he's just as bad when he comes back or out for the year with something more major.

Yeah, it's a really bad sign when everything looks the same. Especially when the doctors originally had issues from the beginning. Think the O's really screwed up w/ Gallardo. Best case scenario is a cortisone injection and rest give him velocity and his health back. But that is incredibly doubtful. More likely he's just as bad when he comes back or out for the year with something more major.

I foresee his return being beset upon by delays innumerable.

Archived