Why Does No One Go Out To Settle Mike Wright Down?

JayThomas

I had been thinking a starting a thread called "Buck lets Wright grow up." It's early in the year and I think Buck wants to challenge his young guys to learn to clean up their own messes -- even when they'll fail to do it some of the time. And might have failed today if Jones and Wieters hadn't saved a run.

Can Matt go out to talk with a pitcher without Buck's okay? Can he do this on his

own initiative?

Can Matt go out to talk with a pitcher without Buck's okay? Can he do this on his

own initiative?

A lot of the visits for defensive purposes and stalling to get the bullpen ready are initiated from the dugout. It may very well be that Matt did not see any reason for the visit as the pitches that were "Blooped" were as good as it gets from the "Bump" and nothing he could/would say would change that.

A lot of the visits for defensive purposes and stalling to get the bullpen ready are initiated from the dugout. It may very well be that Matt did not see any reason for the visit as the pitches that were "Blooped" were as good as it gets from the "Bump" and nothing he could/would say would change that.

I've heard Matt say that he likes to use that sparingly. He and Buck are two peas.

Thank you for the info. I wasn't sure about that.

I've heard Matt say that he likes to use that sparingly. He and Buck are two peas.

Buck does like an even flow to the game especially when the Orioles are on defense. I do believe this is why he likes Weiters as Matt seems to like a nice flow to the game also. The only time during innings that I see Matt or Caleb visit a pitcher on their own is to make sure they are on the same page when a runner gets to second base.

Buck does like an even flow to the game especially when the Orioles are on defense. I do believe this is why he likes Wieters as Matt seems to like a nice flow to the game also. The only time during innings that I see Matt or Caleb visit a pitcher on their own is to make sure they are on the same page when a runner gets to second base.

There have been rumors of sign stealing and pitch tipping with the Orioles starters and even Darren O'Day. I think that when a runner is on second that they will often speak instead of sign.

Archived